Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

shtein, Sir Anthony has fallen hard here of late.  That was horrible tonight.  Arrieta throws a fricken' gem and the kid gives it right back.  He has looked like ass lately.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

farg, good thing none of you stayed up. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on August 07, 2018, 01:19:36 AM
shtein, Sir Anthony has fallen hard here of late.  He has looked like ass lately.

he struck out the side in his last game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

don was just doing a Schmidt impression.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

He also gave up a home run in his last outing. 

ice grillin you

it was a beautiful slider on the outside corner that got lifted out by a beast of a man....it wasnt a case of searanthony having fallen off "hard" or looking like ass...just gotta tip your cap to bour there

now to be fair last night was a different story but he needs a few more outings like last night to make some sort of sweeping judgement that hes been ass lately when he pitched great one appearance ago had struck out 8 of the 16 previous batters he faced and gave up a single ER in his last five appearances

MDS

yea he gave up a run on sunday and blew up a little against the dodgers on july 23. previous to that his last ERs were the sunday nighter in washington. in june.

twitter was a cesspool as usual last night acting like the season was over, but the destruction of seranthony surprised me. its as if people arent aware that even good relievers give up run sometimes.

his control hasnt been as good as it was earlier in the season. maybe it has something to do with him never pitching above a ball before. i dont know.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I stayed up watching that. I didn't expect to be able to stay away after a long weekend of no sleep but there I was.

Sucks to see Arrieta's start wasted. Seranthony will be ok, I hope. He's not been on since the ASB.

And not scoring in the 8th was maddening.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 07, 2018, 09:13:33 AM
I stayed up watching that. I didn't expect to be able to stay away after a long weekend of no sleep but there I was.

Sucks to see Arrieta's start wasted. Seranthony will be ok, I hope. He's not been on since the ASB.

And not scoring in the 8th was maddening.

so, 80 ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I like Dominguez.  He's got serious shtein. 

I was just saying that in the interest of fairness he did give up a dinger to go along with those 3 K's. 

Don Ho

Rome face it, we're dammed to hell when we rip them and we're homers when we cheer for them. 

Let me rephrase my previous comment:

It was rather unfortunate last night when Seranthony gave up those three hits and two runs in the bottom of the ninth after a wonderful performance by Arrieta.  I am confident, despite some shaky innings the past week, Dominguez will regain his control.

ice grillin you

just a brutal look there by Odubel

MDS

their offense is just plain bad
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

If pivetta can  ever find some consistency....man is he good when he's good...and when he's not he's really bad

MDS

any semblance of offense and they are on a 8 game streak

as it stands their chances of winning this game are like 3%