Around the NFL - 2018

Started by General_Failure, February 06, 2018, 07:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: EJ72 on January 21, 2019, 03:08:52 AM
Quote from: QB Eagles on January 20, 2019, 06:25:14 PM
the saints got farged hard

I can't stand Brees/The Aints but if you mean that non-PI call, yeah they were hosed. That was one of the easiest penalties to call ever. When it happened, I expected to see yellow flags flying from every direction. Farging ridiculous.

Agreed, the two week Brees slop fest would have been border line hara-kiri, but my God that was just beyond comprehension.  Obvious PI followed by helmet to helmet contact.  I have to feel for their fan base.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

How pathetic is the AFC? They can't stop this Patriots team from making the Super Bowl, even when this is maybe the worst version of that team in a decade. If the AFC East were even an average division, this Patriots team would have had 9 wins.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 21, 2019, 12:52:50 AM
Quote from: Rome on January 20, 2019, 10:18:11 PM
I don't know how many times Brady has to go down field without feeling any pressure before opposing teams figure it out.  If you put a beating on him he will fold.  If you don't he will bbq your asses.

this could be the single dumbest thing ever said about sports

You have nearly 100,000 posts that defy that.   Andy mush-rushed him right back into the Super Bowl. 

MDS

since brady came into the league, the only non brady qbs in the bowl:

manning 4 times
rich gannon
ben twice
flacco

thats it thats the list
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

As for Romo...

He's great if you're a Patriots fan. That's for sure.

And how many times will they show Robert Kraft's box of Deplorables in the Super Bowl. Vegas should set a line.

Geowhizzer

Funny thing is, the Patriots fans in my social sphere were complaining about Romo being Anti-Patriot.

Everyone is going to hear what they want to hear, I guess.

General_Failure

From what I heard, Romo was just gushing about a really good young quarterback and the greatest QB of all time playing in the same game.

The man. The myth. The legend.

EJ72

Romo surprised me with how well he calls games. He knows his shtein and his excitement level keeps me in games I don't really GAS about. He could probably be a coach but if I were him I wouldn't give up this gig for the nonstop grind and scrutiny of coaching. I guess it makes a difference when you're watching from a booth and not being battered every other game.

Reid could never quite get you guys to the top either and this looked pretty much like a classic Reid coached game. Might have been a different outcome if the Chiefs had, you know, a defense.

QB Eagles

It seems like really good quarterbacks are the only ex-players who have a clue about most of the things happening on the field, and even their knowledge has an expiration date since the game keeps evolving.

General_Failure

That or the brain damage kicks in later for them.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 21, 2019, 11:39:43 AM
Funny thing is, the Patriots fans in my social sphere were complaining about Romo being Anti-Patriot.

Everyone is going to hear what they want to hear, I guess.

homers be homers....now you know why I despise them so much
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the restaurant video at 1:32 in is amazing...no fans vs. spoiled fans super bowl gonna be lit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdwu-H1E9g
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on January 21, 2019, 11:08:36 AM
And how many times will they show Robert Kraft's box of Deplorables in the Super Bowl.

this!!

Between him and botox boy it's nauseating. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: EJ72 on January 21, 2019, 12:08:50 PM
Reid could never quite get you guys to the top either and this looked pretty much like a classic Reid coached game. Might have been a different outcome if the Chiefs had, you know, a defense.

Did any of you see his press conference today?  Now I know why we were over his shtein.  I wanted him to win in a bad way but his reaction to that one reporter about "Do you know how hard it is to get to a championship game?" was deja vu.  Yes we do fatty and we also know what it feels like to lose a shtein load.

General_Failure