Legarrette Blount, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, May 17, 2017, 10:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I would agree with the suggestion that he might not beat father time if he was a workhorse running back that averaged 20-25 carries a year.  Fact is he hasn't.  He's fresher than most guys his age precisely because he hasn't played a lot of downs and received the requisite amount of punishment.

As for the rest of your comments, they're all supposition.  If this, if that.  They may or may not happen.  I have no doubt he won't be the #3 back like you suggested and he will definitely make the team barring injury.  He's going to be their #1 back this year and Mathews will be gone.  I have no doubt about that.

Geowhizzer

He's an Eagle.  Therefore he'll suck.  Logic.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 17, 2017, 10:34:18 AM
He's a hammer which is nice to have.

But it doesn't mean shtein if the interior OL gets their shtein pushed in all the time

stop biting roob off of twitter

you want a guy in short yardage who cant be arm tackled and falls forward when hit....yes in a perfect world your line would move the opponent on every down and you or me could be the running back....we dont live in a perfect world

the only thing here that doesnt make sense in terms of fit is that blount seems like the kind of player you sign if you are a superbowl contender like hes a piece that gives a really good team a look they may not otherwise have on their roster that could put them over the top

You and lil guy have to stop this twitter obsession. I wasn't on earlier and this is the first time I've looked at any internet since my post earlier. I don't bite off of anyone. I'm able to think on my own.

Funny thing is if I'm super excited over it then you'd be dropping "omg such a homer of course you like it"

Make up your mind

PhillyPhreak54

After reading the thread - Jesus Christ the misery over a one year cheap signing is amazing

I disagree with the notion you need an every down back, SD. RBBC's can and have worked numerous times and the league has been trending that way for years.

Charles also has Buckhalter like knees. I would've liked to take a shot on him too but it's not the end of the world they didn't get him. Plus he said he's been eyeballing playing for Denver for awhile

SD

My biggest problem with Blount is he's not a good fit for the offense. When has a Reid/Pederson style offense ever used a big back? Theres zero chance he accepts a role strictly as a short yardage back so that argument is null. I think he makes the team for the simple fact that he's more talented than their other options...or he could be this years Reuben Randle.

MDS

he signed with the eagles over offers from arizona and the giants

i imagine part of that is he took one look at depth chart and figured he was going to get his (alshon definitely did the same thing). but thats him thinking about himself, which is like j watching a phillies game pitched by nick pivetta and expecting a win. its not realistic. 

he looked nearing toward cooked to me last january. maybe he was injured. i dont know.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 17, 2017, 08:51:21 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 17, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 17, 2017, 10:34:18 AM
He's a hammer which is nice to have.

But it doesn't mean shtein if the interior OL gets their shtein pushed in all the time

stop biting roob off of twitter

you want a guy in short yardage who cant be arm tackled and falls forward when hit....yes in a perfect world your line would move the opponent on every down and you or me could be the running back....we dont live in a perfect world

the only thing here that doesnt make sense in terms of fit is that blount seems like the kind of player you sign if you are a superbowl contender like hes a piece that gives a really good team a look they may not otherwise have on their roster that could put them over the top

You and lil guy have to stop this twitter obsession. I wasn't on earlier and this is the first time I've looked at any internet since my post earlier. I don't bite off of anyone. I'm able to think on my own.

Funny thing is if I'm super excited over it then you'd be dropping "omg such a homer of course you like it"

Make up your mind

roob say it ALL the time and you pretty much typed his regular take on big backs verbatim
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ok...so I guess we're kindred spirits

I'm gonna look at your posts with a magnifying glass from now on and if any are remotely similar to some beat...then you're automatically accused of mimicking them.

ice grillin you

it's not a magnifying glass when he's posted it 50 million times then I see it somewhere else word for word...it's pretty much a sledgehammer to the forehead
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Ok whatever you say, twitter watch dog

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 18, 2017, 10:51:55 AM
Ok whatever you say, twitter watch dog

you should've just said sorry 15 posts ago.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

At the risk of going off topic, glad they got Blount. He's cheap and they were down to like 1 RB last year. There might be something going on off the radar with him but coming off 18 tds is impressive. I'd be happy with 7 TDs this year which is where I'd set the O/U. They have also sucked in the RZ for years so it can't hurt.

SD

Signing with Detroit. 1 year $4.5 million. I'd of liked to have him back at last years salary but that number is too big. He earned that bump like a mother farger

Don Ho

Bummer, I don't think Ajaya can handle a full season.  love the guy but he sure seems injury prone.  Need a third back in a bad way.  Go Howie Go!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.