2017 Schedule Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2017, 05:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

preseason dropping today at 5

i predict the jets in the last game,
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

MDS

at gb
buf
mia
at nyj

man what a schedule!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

And you know those two home games will be on a Thursday at 7:30 PM.

ice grillin you

you can probably also jot down with confidence that alshon jeffery will probably miss them all with a training camp injury
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on April 11, 2017, 07:15:49 AM
And you know those two home games will be on a Thursday at 7:30 PM.

the miami game will....the phils are at home all week but have an afternoon thursday game.

the buffalo game can be anytime since the phils are away. saturday would create the best market and give me the most money back, so hopefully its that.

ice grillin you

this is the first time i can ever remember the eagles playing at home in weeks 2 and 3

going back forever the eagles have played one sat preseason game at home but i dont think you can use that as a reason why they wont this year because because that one sat was just two years ago

while im sure they would always prefer to avoid the phils its not like its super rare that they dont play together....its happened at least 3-4 times in the last i dont know decade id say

also buffalo wont be friday cause of a wells fargo concert so thurs or sat for that....thursday is a big leader in the clubhouse just because of history but theres no reason it couldnt be saturday other than like i said its only happened once that i can ever remember

Rome

MDS

im pretty sure the phils and eagles have never played at the same time. not that 60k show up for preseason but they have to plan as if they will...same goes for the phils getting 45k. they cant handle over 100k people down there at the same time.

im not sure if the concert (20k tops) will prohibit a friday game...the question will be if doug wants to mimic a preparation week. since the 3rd game is a thursday, does he want the 2nd game on thursday too to go through the motions of a normal "week." or maybe he doesnt care.

either way im putting them on stubhub

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 11, 2017, 05:29:21 PM
im pretty sure the phils and eagles have never played at the same time.

as recently as 2014

im pretty sure the phils and eagles have never played at the same time. not that 60k show up for preseason but they have to plan as if they will...same goes for the phils getting 45k. they cant handle over 100k people down there at the same time.

preseason schedules dont get decided years in advance and theres zero chance of getting 70k down there these days much less 100

im not sure if the concert (20k tops) will prohibit a friday game

then neither would 18k at a phillies game this august...in fact the concert would be worse cause they share the wells fargo lot which is by far the biggest tailgate lot for birds games....the bank doesnt even allow tailgating

MDS

i guess it did happen in 2014....then why have they gone out of their way to not schedule eagles and phils at the same time? unless the eagles want 700 thursday preseason games.

but my point is the phillies game could conceivably get 30-40k (it wont). the center is capped at 20. but i guess they did it at the same time before so i literally have no idea when these games will be and for the life of me dont care because im not going anyway

Susquehanna Birder

either way im putting them on stubhub

Have you ever sold them that way? I have a hard time giving mine away for free.

MDS

yea i sold 2 tickets for both games the last 2 years...pretty easily. i just undercut the market by a few bucks and they go. so if the cheapest is listed for 20, i put them for like 17.

MDS