2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

They don't just need someone for Wentz to grow with, they need somebody to stretch the field. That doesn't have to be one guy.

Matthews will be a fine #2 guy, but they can't go into the season hoping that Agholor and DGB get their shtein together.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: AshishPatel81 on January 01, 2017, 10:43:58 PM
I don't know if it would be a good move or not, but a guy I could see Howie going after is Sammy Watkins. He's kinda been a bust and has dealt with injury issues, but if a new regime is going into Buffalo and willing to uproot the roster, he might be a "buy low" target Howie likes to go after. Like he did with DGB. I'm not giving up a ton for him, because of the issues stated.

watkins is a perfect guy to have alongside the star receiver. hes a big play or bust guy and he cant stay on the field. he would cost a 2 and maybe more. NO SIR.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

AshishPatel81

Quote from: General_Failure on January 01, 2017, 10:48:35 PM
They don't just need someone for Wentz to grow with, they need somebody to stretch the field. That doesn't have to be one guy.

Matthews will be a fine #2 guy, but they can't go into the season hoping that Agholor and DGB get their shtein together.

I agree. No deep threat has killed this team since Jackson left. Even before Wentz got here, and it also hurt their running game some. I'd like for them to add both if possible.

The reason I don't like Matthews is he is strictly a slot guy, and has no versatility. He can't be used on screens, end arounds, doesn't go deep. He's not a bad player by any means, and I think he's actually quite solid, but I don't think he's a guy they need to keep or they're idiots for letting him go or anything like that.

ice grillin you

matthews is a possession receiver who has a lot of drops.....not ideal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

AshishPatel81

What the Eagles have planned at OL is interesting. This is apparently a weak OL draft. I can't say so myself, if I told you I watched college football and keyed in on offensive linemen I'd be lying. If Peters is back in 2017, it will probably be his last year in Philadelphia. Will they be ok going into the 2018 offseason having a dire need at OT? or is Vaitai their guy?

Their starting 5 on the line are probably set. I can't see them signing a guy who will come in right away and start over any of their positions, and I certainly don't think any draft pick would.

I just wonder what they have planned there.

ice grillin you

vaitai is not an nfl player

i said this in the game thread today that four of the five OL positions are up or grabs over the near future...a drug free lane is the LT but the other four positions are wide open as we move forward the next few years....which is scary cause you gotta add almost an entire OL to a roster full of question marks

PhillyPhreak54

Some of the beats have suggested that Seumalo could take over at center

AshishPatel81

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 01, 2017, 11:24:44 PM
vaitai is not an nfl player

i said this in the game thread today that four of the five OL positions are up or grabs over the near future...a drug free lane is the LT but the other four positions are wide open as we move forward the next few years....which is scary cause you gotta add almost an entire OL to a roster full of question marks

Brandon Brooks is locked in. Anxiety aside, he was good this season. Lane too if he's clean. I agree with the rest.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2017, 11:30:55 PM
Some of the beats have suggested that Seumalo could take over at center

he should be given every opportunity....kelce sucks....and i dont discount him becoming a good player but hes still a question mark moving forward as is just about every OL on the roster right now

PhillyPhreak54

Yep I'd prefer Kelce to not be back but if you can't upgrade no reason to let him go for just the sake of doing it

AshishPatel81

The problem is there are not a lot of good centers in the NFL, or offensive lineman in general. It's the biggest personnel problem in the league. Like 5 teams have good offensive lines.

Kelce has issues, but if you were to rank all 32 NFL centers, he's probably 13-15. Not because he's great, but because the position and unit is embarrassing across the league.

ice grillin you

kelce was a decent fit in chips scheme...but hes pretty much worthless under doug

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2017, 09:54:02 PMWhat do their picks in 2018 look like? Bc I could see you being right and trading up

No 2nd (CLE - Wentz)
extra 3rd or 4th from NE (Rowe)
extra 4th from MIN (Bradford)

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 01, 2017, 11:51:08 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2017, 09:54:02 PMWhat do their picks in 2018 look like? Bc I could see you being right and trading up

No 2nd (CLE - Wentz)
extra 3rd or 4th from NE (Rowe)
extra 4th from MIN (Bradford)

So now who do they trade to pick up an extra third to make up for not having a second?