Jim Schwartz, Defensive Coordinator

Started by Susquehanna Birder, January 20, 2016, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

dont know who it was but someone tweeted earlier that todays interview got postponed with the giants but that they were gonna interview him after the eagles are eliminated...aka next sunday

i dont think schwartz gets a job just because who would hire a defensive coach in todays nfl and especially when if you are a coachless team it may mean you are going to draft a qb in the near future to build around

i think everyone is looking for the next sean mccvay/kyle shanahan right now....not an old school 51 year old DC....its the only reason difilipo is getting interviews
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 06, 2018, 06:45:18 PM
not actually interviewing with the giants...just arizona

me thinks jimbo aint goin nowhere

Nobody wants a retread who was as bad as Schwartz was at HC. Way too many young unknown coordinators teams would rather take a chance on. Some coaches should just accept they're better off as coordinators. That was one of the best attributes of Jim Johnson.

MDS

jj i recall was close to a job (colts or arizona i believe) but decided he was too old and he was comfortable coaching his guys in philly

if he was 10 years younger hed probably grab it. he got unlucky in that he really hit it big as a dc at the end of his career.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

So we're definitely not going to talk about how the defense gave up over 600 yards and 33 points, right?

The D was such an important part of the season and I was very concerned about losing Schwartz to a hc job somewhere so I'm not hating but that performance was not super inspiring.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on February 06, 2018, 08:58:41 AM
So we're definitely not going to talk about how the defense gave up over 600 yards and 33 points, right?

The D was such an important part of the season and I was very concerned about losing Schwartz to a hc job somewhere so I'm not hating but that performance was not super inspiring.

Knocked a motherfarger out - Check
Strip sack of Brady in the clutch - Check
Sueprbowl champs - Check

Not concerned at all

QB Eagles

Should be okay unless they keep playing Brady and Belichick after a bye week.

Geowhizzer

At least it's not like they gave up 538 yards and 41 points to Nick Foles.

Sgt PSN

As the game was unfolding, nearly every defensive snap is pissing me off because Pats receivers were just running around wide open with no Eagles defenders within 5-10 yards of them.

But that's because the Pats are a dynamic offensive team. Gotta give them some respect and know that it's really farging hard to knock Brady off his game.  So you just need focus on making plays in key moments and the Eagles had a few of them.

1.  Pats opening drive was held to a 26 yd FG.

2.  Pats 2nd drive was another short FG  (missed).  Defense didn't cause the miss, but they again made a stop deep in the red zone.

3.  Knocked out Cooks and forced a turnover on downs at their own 35.

4.  Held for a 45 yd FG.

5. Kept Pats from scoring on final drive of the 1st half.

6.  Strip sack.

They were basically hot garbage all game except for 6 plays, but those 6 plays were the absolute difference makers.

Seabiscuit36

To me the biggest stat of Schwartz's Defense is that they never allowed a single point At or Under two minutes left in the game all Season.  I believe its the first time ever that's been done, or maybe with a SB Winner. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

I didn't even realize they had done that. That's pretty impressive actually.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 06, 2018, 11:26:14 AM
As the game was unfolding, nearly every defensive snap is pissing me off because Pats receivers were just running around wide open with no Eagles defenders within 5-10 yards of them.

But that's because the Pats are a dynamic offensive team. Gotta give them some respect and know that it's really farging hard to knock Brady off his game.  So you just need focus on making plays in key moments and the Eagles had a few of them.

1.  Pats opening drive was held to a 26 yd FG.

2.  Pats 2nd drive was another short FG  (missed).  Defense didn't cause the miss, but they again made a stop deep in the red zone.

3.  Knocked out Cooks and forced a turnover on downs at their own 35.

4.  Held for a 45 yd FG.

5. Kept Pats from scoring on final drive of the 1st half.

6.  Strip sack.

They were basically hot garbage all game except for 6 plays, but those 6 plays were the absolute difference makers.

Damn, how true!  Great observations. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 06, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

At least it's not like they gave up 538 yards and 41 points to Nick Foles.

Exactly.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Yeah, part of me was glad the D didn't look great in a win, I'd like to see Schwartzie around for a while. I think he was a good but underrated influence in the offense as well. Amazing to see people like Algholor go from soft and afraid in traffic to getting chippy and in a dback's face after a hard hit.

ice grillin you

even tho it was one of the least important things they farged up because the odds of the pats scoring was still almost none letting the pats get in hail mary territory from inside their own ten and 45 seconds left made me the most mad of anything they did all night
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Brady converting 4th and 10 like it was nothing and then the Eagles letting Gronk get to the sidelines so easily on the next two plays was disgraceful. It you can't tackle the guy, at least make him drag you to the sideline and eat a little clock. And how haunting would Darby dropping the INT have been if the Patriots scored on that hail mary?

The one thing that improved at the end was that the pass rush was having more effect on the last two drives than it did the whole game, once they knew for a fact that Brady was throwing it. They either got to him or hurried him on almost every down. Got to give Brady some props for overcoming it. He was unconscious.

Not sure what the secondary was doing in this game. All the NE receivers looked as open as Diggs did in the NFCCG. Sidney Jones please be good.