Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:45:40 AM
The one drawback in winning a super bowl is the atrocious uniforms are here to stay

They are now the Eagles' "Super Bowl Era" uniforms.

ice grillin you

The one drawback in winning a super bowl is the atrocious uniforms are here to stay

that ship sailed a while ago but yeah the SB win brings it down to a 0% chance of ever happening under lurie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If the price for a Super Bowl win is them wearing puke green forever, I'll gladly pay it. 

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2018, 12:00:26 PM

that ship sailed a while ago but yeah the SB win brings it down to a 0% chance of ever happening under lurie

While I agree that ship sailed a while ago I still held out a 1% chance they'd change.

ice grillin you

i probably had it a little higher even but it was never happening

ice grillin you

QuotePederson was asked point blank who the slot corner is going to be.

"That's an area that we'll have to address this spring," Pederson said. "We've got some guys, whether it's Jalen Mills moving in there, whether it's [Daryl] Worley moving in there, whoever that might be. We got some young guys. [De'Vante] Bausby's on the outside, D.J. Killings ... young players there who can possibly move and work inside. It'll be a little bit of an opportunity for those guys to try and grab that spot and solidify that fifth DB spot."

ice grillin you

QuoteJeffrey Lurie said that his push to get the NFL to allow a second helmet so they can have the Kelly green as alternative uniforms is still in a stalemate. #Eagles are still waiting to hear from the league.

ice grillin you

Quote"I was just dealing with this yesterday," Lurie said. "I don't know if I mentioned this last year, but the whole key is that we want a Kelly green helmet to go with the Kelly green jerseys. We're trying to get the league to allow a second helmet. That's where it's at, so they very much know we want this and we want it badly, and we're waiting."

Lurie previously said that the hope was that the Eagles could wear Kelly green jerseys by the 2018 season. While he wouldn't rule that out, it seems unlikely.

"I don't know," he said. "As I said, I was on it yesterday, and I'm trying to make progress, and we don't have a game for half a year, so you never know."

Lurie was reluctant to reveal exactly who is thrwarting the Eagles' efforts to add a second color, or the exact objections as to why it's an issue.

"I don't know what entity of the league (is disallowing a second helmet), but in the end it's probably the commissioner. They have to decide if they want to go with a plan to be a two-helmet plan for the NFL, and that's not what we do now. It's a one-helmet league, so there's ramifications in that, I suppose. But they know with the Eagles, it's important to us. We really want to be able to have Kelly green jerseys at times, and to make it look really right, you should have matching helmets.

"You'd have to research with (the NFL) on (their objections). There are a lot teams that don't want that to happen, maybe. Some teams really want it to happen. There are some complications to it, so I'll just leave them to work it out."

So, for now, the NFL remains a "one-helmet league."

General_Failure

Just switch to a black, white, or silver helmet. They can't even make the jerseys match it anymore.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

some thoughts
-alshon out of a sling!
-i dont understand the ripped jean thing
-or the tight pants thing
-jalen mills looks...gay. not that theres anything wrong with that.
-alshon rocking the phils hat. win.
-clement with the buttery rookie AI jersey
-ajayi needs to do something about that hair
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Glad you liked that. 

I was gonna say Boyz II Men really look good for their age, but the Fresh Prince one was better. 

QB Eagles

Looks like tickets for the London game are in the $1000 range right now.

Eagaholic

Blimey. Doesn't leave much left over for fish and chips.