Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 17, 2017, 12:02:33 AM
To resize an image when you post it:

(img height=500 width=650)img url(/img)

Adjust height and width values until you find one that works. I usually start at 500/500 and adjust from there.

Use [ ] in place of ( ).

Word my brother.

Here we go then

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

feel like the thursday opener next year will be against dallas
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Burn in hell motherfargers. Love to see Fletch snap Brady's knee in two in the 1st quarter.

The theory isn't exactly news but the particulars here are damning. I'd always wondered why the NFL destroyed the tapes.
Former Eagles coach Steve Spagnuolo: Patriots cheated during 2005 Super Bowl

Are the Patriots cheaters? At least one former Eagles coach thinks so.

Steve Spagnuolo, who was the linebackers coach for the Eagles in 2005 when the team faced off against the Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX, told 97.5 The Fanatic's Anthony Gargano and Bob Cooney on Monday that he now believes late Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson was right about New England cheating during the game.

"The biggest thing we learned was make sure you have two signal callers, not one signal caller, because they may have all your signals," Spagnuolo said, referring to the "SpyGate" scandal, in which coaching assistants under the direction of head coach Bill Belichick were caught videotaping play-calling signals from opponents' practices.

"I remember through the course of the game Jim [Johnson] saying, 'They're getting our signals. They know when we're blitzing ... try to hide it.' I remember distinctly thinking. 'I don't think so Jim, just concentrate on calling the game,' " Spagnuolo recalled. "In hindsight, he was right. When you go back and look at that tape, it was evident to us. ... We believe that Tom [Brady] knew when we were pressuring him because he certainly got the ball out pretty quick."

Spagnuolo, who became the Giants' defensive coordinator following the 2007 season, said he used the experience to prepare him ahead of New York's Super Bowl XLII victory against the Patriots.
"It wasn't going to happen in the 2008 Super Bowl," Spagnuolo said.

According to an ESPN investigation of "SpyGate," the Patriots didn't stop with stealing play-calling signals. The videotaping drew the attention of the league after a camera was confiscated from a video assistant during a 2007 win against the New York Jets.

At least one former Eagles staffer is quoted in the story, telling ESPN he believed Belichick's willingness to cheat cost the Birds a fair shot at winning the Super Bowl.

When Spygate broke, some of the Eagles now believed they had an answer for a question that had vexed them since they lost to the Patriots 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX: How did New England seem completely prepared for the rarely used dime defense the Eagles deployed in the second quarter, scoring touchdowns on three of four drives? The Eagles suspected that either practices were filmed or a playbook was stolen. "To this day, some believe that we were robbed by the Patriots not playing by the rules ... and knowing our game plan," a former Eagles football operations staffer says.   

As part of the league's punishment, the Patriots lost their first-round pick in the 2008 NFL draft, and Belichick was fined $500,000. After the league's investigation, Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly ordered the tapes destroyed, saying at the time, "I think it was the right thing to do."

"The Patriots are cheaters," CNN host Jake Tapper, a Philadelphia native and lifelong Eagles fans, said following the team's win over the Vikings. "The Patriots cheat. This is just a fact as established by investigations. They're a cheating team... the facts speak for themselves."

ice grillin you

Eagaholic

Yeah, I pretty much figured you'd say that. Like I've been saying for years what a piece of garbage Jerry Jones is and you were also in love him up until this year when he threatened to bench players who took a knee. Belichick is a POS but you're just mesmerized by teh shiney ringz.

On a similar note, this article is worth revisiting. A long read with a lot of attribution to 'sources' but still stands on it's own. I had no idea the league tried to bribe Arlen Specter to turn the other way.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

ice grillin you

i hate brady and bellicheck more than jerry jones to this day but get over the cheating thing you sound like the viking fans from last week except if they were still crying in 2031...its actually sad and pathetic

the pats cheated so much they won the game by a whole three pts....i think they also used a swirly lollipop to make mcnabb puke up all those interceptions

Eagaholic

Apparently the point is completely lost on you but that's just it - if the pats had the signals or game plan for the seldom used dime, maybe Brady doesn't complete one of those TD drives or 5 doesn't throw one of those pics and it's a different game. I don't think Belichick has ever been in a SB decided by even 1 TD. Getting an edge, even if it's not huge can make all the difference in who wins.

SD

Always thought it was odd the Eagles dominated the first half - if Mcnabb doesn't suck ass the score could have easily been 21-7... then Pats come out the second half and are a completely different team. Maybe it's because Reid was horrible at half time adjustments, who knows. But I think it's worthy of a conversation and shouldn't be automatically dismissed. The NFL doesn't confiscate footage, fine a HC half a million dollars, and strip a 1st round pick for no good reason. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 30, 2018, 08:45:45 AM
Apparently the point is completely lost on you but that's just it - if the pats had the signals or game plan for the seldom used dime, maybe Brady doesn't complete one of those TD drives or 5 doesn't throw one of those pics and it's a different game. I don't think Belichick has ever been in a SB decided by even 1 TD. Getting an edge, even if it's not huge can make all the difference in who wins.

stop

they are GOATS your team is not.....worry about this sunday not 2005 you big baby

Quote from: AO1 on January 30, 2018, 08:51:46 AM
Always thought it was odd the Eagles dominated the first half - if Mcnabb doesn't suck ass the score could have easily been 21-7... then Pats come out the second half and are a completely different team. Maybe it's because Reid was horrible at half time adjustments, who knows. But I think it's worthy of a conversation and shouldn't be automatically dismissed. The NFL doesn't confiscate footage, fine a HC half a million dollars, and strip a 1st round pick for no good reason. 

if they cheated its the opposite...the pats would dominate the first half then the eagles would realize they are cheating and switch up the second half...of course the eagle coaches had no ability to do that but thats another discussion...and anyway as you pointed out the eagles played better in the first half which shows that the pats didnt win because they cheated....the fact that some eagles fans still harp on this is beyond embarrassing

belly >>>>>> x one million andy
brady >>>>> x infinity donovan

peace

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it