Donovan McNabb

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 21, 2008, 12:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles 3x

Quote from: Rome on September 21, 2008, 12:46:13 PM
John Elway went to Stanferd.
Big deal. McNabb went to Saracuse.
member since Aug. 21, 03. I am the KING of the Lurking Bastiches!!

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteI made a comment after the game [Sunday] that's worth repeating - I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed with the way we played the past two weeks. I believe that we lost to teams we should have beaten. Not because I think they are not good - they are. But I still believe we are better; we just didn't show it.

I'm embarrassed with the way I played. I didn't do enough to win the game for my team. I take that to heart. I want the ball in my hand when the game is on the line and, if I have it, I have to make a play. I'll take that responsibility. All three of our losses were within a score so one play could have made a difference - a fumble, an interception, calling an audible, not calling an audible.

I am a proud person and I work hard to prepare to win each and every week. Certainly there have been times where we have been beaten. Take nothing away from other teams who also prepare hard and have a high-skill level. You can't win every week. But losing in the fashion that we have just doesn't sit well with me.

I've made mistakes and I've owned up to them. I'm sure that some of my teammates and coaches might feel that they also could have done better. But a play here and a play there is costing us precious division and conference games that can bite us down the stretch. We didn't start playing well last year until it was too late. It's not too late to turn it around now. But to do so, we have to be embarrassed enough as a team to do something about it.

I'm better than this and I'll prove it. I know my team is too. Now we have to prove it.

shorebird

I like what he says, but saying and doing it are two different things when you have a coach like Reid.

Father Demon

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 07, 2008, 08:33:06 PM
QuoteI made a comment after the game [Sunday] that's worth repeating - I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed with the way we played the past two weeks. I believe that we lost to teams we should have beaten. Not because I think they are not good - they are. But I still believe we are better; we just didn't show it.

I'm embarrassed with the way I played. I didn't do enough to win the game for my team. I take that to heart. I want the ball in my hand when the game is on the line and, if I have it, I have to make a play. I'll take that responsibility. All three of our losses were within a score so one play could have made a difference - a fumble, an interception, calling an audible, not calling an audible.

I am a proud person and I work hard to prepare to win each and every week. Certainly there have been times where we have been beaten. Take nothing away from other teams who also prepare hard and have a high-skill level. You can't win every week. But losing in the fashion that we have just doesn't sit well with me.

I've made mistakes and I've owned up to them. I'm sure that some of my teammates and coaches might feel that they also could have done better. But a play here and a play there is costing us precious division and conference games that can bite us down the stretch. We didn't start playing well last year until it was too late. It's not too late to turn it around now. But to do so, we have to be embarrassed enough as a team to do something about it.

I'm better than this and I'll prove it. I know my team is too. Now we have to prove it.

Talk is cheap.  Running the same play 5 times (is that the right count?) from the 1 in two successive weeks means talk is cheap.  farging call the audible, rather than saying calling it could be the difference. 
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

In fairness, he has to have time to audible out too. If he's got 4 seconds, thats no time to check-check.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

They ran the exact same play?

Father Demon

RB straight forward - close enough for me.

Audible a play action or maybe even a pass... once.

Meh...  I'm bitter.  PG told me so.

ice grillin you

did donovan realize he could have called a timeout there...he started to when he thought the clock was going down...why didnt he do it again when he realized the play was farged
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Les Bowen

QuoteThat ridiculous kerfluffle down at the taterskins' 2 Sunday just can't happen. You saw the whole thing, but here it is again: Third-and-1 from the 2, McNabb breaks the huddle and sees the play clock about to run out. He signals for a timeout, but Westbrook immediately grabs him and points back to the play clock, which has reset. McNabb returns to calling signals. He notices that tight end L.J. Smith is on the left, instead of the right. This isn't ideal, for a run designed to the right.
So McNabb tries to check out to a left-side run. Either he calls the audible incorrectly, or some of the players just don't hear him. Westbrook is swarmed by taterskins as soon as he gets the ball. He loses 3 yards and the Birds settle for a field goal.

McNabb - whose postgame analysis of the play was absolute unintelligible gibberish - needed to call the timeout there, when he saw the misalignment. Or he needed to grab Smith and send him over to the proper spot. Or maybe, before all that, he needed to make it clear to Reid that sore chest or no, he was ready and willing to run a quarterback sneak to pick up the first down

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 08, 2008, 12:14:48 AM
In fairness, he has to have time to audible out too. If he's got 4 seconds, thats no time to check-check.

Dude, do your excuses ever stop?  It was a dumb play from a guy that should have known better.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 08, 2008, 08:06:45 AM

Dude, do your excuses ever stop?  It was a dumb play from a guy that should have known better.

I dont know if he had time, but I do know that he rarely has time to audible.

Is that excuse? No, rather an indictment on whoever is calling the plays.

So farg yourself.

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 08, 2008, 08:06:45 AM

You talking about McNabb, LJ or the "surprised" Klecko?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

McNabb.  That whole play was a Charlie Foxtrot, and it's primarily his fault.

shorebird

I don't think the primary fault can be laid on McNabb, that has to be the dumbass who has been playing in this offense since forever and can't even line up in his designated spot. LJ screwed the play from the get go.