Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Every time I think of Arlington Virgina I enjoy imagining how the Lee family felt when they learned that Lincoln had turned their plantation and family seat into a graveyard for Union soldiers.  Eat shtein, slavers.

If Amazon's HQ2 is going to be built there, then we're talking big big changes in Northern Virginia.  The State will be reliably blue within a decade, I'd bet. 

Also, the one family i know who live in that area will become suddenly better off just by owning property...

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

arlington is already in the top 5 richest counties in the country but yes it definitely will not hurt.

and it's not official yet but lots of things pointing to them being the winner. including sometime last week their proposal website got about 60,000 hits from amazon IP addresses so the big rumor is that they may have announced to some people internally already.

QB Eagles

That area is already hard blue because everyone there works for the government or a government contractor. The higher the taxes and spending are, the more money from around the country flows into that area.

Every time I think of northern Virginia, I think of high housing costs, high traffic, and dudes collecting my email and phone calls in a database.

Munson

I don't know if I could say it's "Solid blue" already, but I feel like I'm closer to saying that then I am saying it'll be solid blue in a decade....It stayed blue for HRC when a bunch of other blue states that pundits consider "Safer" blue states flipped red. I think Virginia has made the switch for the foreseeable future.

Interested to see what is next to flip. I think PA, Wisconsin, and Michigan stay swing states, Ohio and FL move more to the red, and Arizona and Georgia become the next "used to to be one color but flipped to another" to flip.

Eventually Texas will be purple and even a red Florida won't be able to help the GOP then.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

good riddance: that ghetto ass looking mcdonalds at snyder and broad is closing

god i hated that place

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

only if you desperately want people to think you are the most authentic Philadelphia ever or a local newscaster

MDS

no thats just how we phrase it here..we also call them hoagies not subs
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 13, 2018, 04:11:25 PM
no thats just how we phrase it here..we also call them hoagies not subs

lol exactly

i love you brotha but you are the least city guy ever...stop trying so hard

MDS

fell for it...triggered...brotha

MDS

Zanshin

So that's the zombie apocalypse everyone has been raving about? Seriously, i know way leads to way and all that, but I have no idea why anyone would willingly go near that shtein. That's no kind of life to live and a ridiculously long and winding road back if you could even find your way.

ice grillin you

not anyone here or anyone specific but just in general it kills me how people online are SHOCKED that theres heroin in kensington...the farging shtein has been an epidemic there since the 70's and was way worse in the 80's early 90's than it is now....i mean third and indiana came out in 93 i think

this shtein aint new and its not a bigger deal just because you can use your cell phone to put it on facebook...lol at that dumb ass using the badlands to sum up what heoin is doing to america...the only reason people think its farging up america is because white kids in iowa and new hampshire are getting hit hard now not because you filmed someone in kensington

MDS

its almost as if nobody learned anything from the story of johnny weeks