The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

does anybody know where the bottom is for this or is it like the creation of the universe and just beyond our ability to understand
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 11, 2018, 05:06:47 PM
does anybody know where the bottom is for this or is it like the creation of the universe and just beyond our ability to understand

the bottom is trump seeing something on cnn or reading something in the waspo having a hissy fit and starting a nuclear war to piss off liberals
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 11, 2018, 04:36:22 PM
https://apnews.com/b58c14012cc540eaa756b22aa4d659e3?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

QuoteMILWAUKEE (AP) — A Wisconsin private school that asked fourth graders to list three good reasons for slavery and three bad ones apologized to parents after the mother of a black student shared the assignment on Facebook, calling it offensive.

Good reasons
Extremely cheap labor
Don't have to worry about workman's comp
Unemployment rates for blacks would drastically decrease
Less people on welfare and food stamps

Bad reasons
Quality of professional sports would suffer

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Tomahawk

Do you still get the day off or did trump issue an eo ending its observance

Tomahawk

SD

Diomedes

the following was disseminated as part of my neighborhood listserv/newsletter a couple days ago.  It's not an HOA or anything, just the local do-gooders who organize in the neighborood. 

I can't let it slide.  Silence is complicity, blah blah blah.

How best to address it?  Openly to the whole distribution?  Privately, to the Editor (possibly with a request to be unsubscribed?). 

I'm not interested in trying to change this guy's mind or language.  Reason doesn't work with the unreasonable.  I'm not interested in engaging in a dramatic dialogue with my neighbors about the finer points of derogatory language and innuendo.

At the very least, I want the Editor of this thing to know that they published some racist shtein and it doesn't fly with me.

QuoteTonight I witnessed two young black males checking car doors in the 2400 block and 2200 block of Pelham Ave. The two started near Crossland and worked both sides of the street checking car doors. I was out on my front porch as they approached our house at 2418  Pelham. At that point they walked past and headed toward Norman at that point I called the police and informed them of the situation. I went back inside and went to the second floor to keep an eye out at this point I noticed the same two individuals coming back up Pelham toward Crossland. One of them sat down at 2420 Pelham and waited for his partner to work his way back up the street. I  called the police for a second time to let them know that one of the individuals was still sitting on our neighbors steps. About five minutes later a police van came up the street no lights on and proceed to check the street. About 10 minutes after that a police cruiser came down Pelham Ave checking as well. I hope that this reminds people that we can not turn a blind eye and cower to thugs. The only way to make this a safer neighborhood is to let thugs like this know that we are not going to tolerate this type of stuff.  Name address and phone number redacted.

Everyone knows damn well that white kids aren't trying door handles, and everyone knows damn well that if they were they wouldn't be called thugs.  How the Editor allowed this to be distributed I don't know.

This is the second neighbor who has identified himself as a racist.  It's good to know who they are.  But I don't know, that's not enough.  They need to be opposed.

I'm open to suggestions/thoughts.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

When you say that you want to address is openly, does that mean you want to write a response for publication/distribution in the newsletter? 

If so, then yes. Do it. Let your neighbors know where you stand and that they're going to be called out on their bullshtein.  I assume you've got a couple minority families somewhere in your neighborhood. They'd probably appreciate seeing a honkey stand up to the bullies.

Don't unsubscribe.  I assume there's additional content published besides this. Info is info. And if your neighbors are putting some racist shtein out there and signing their name/address to it, then as you said,  it's good to know who they are.

SD

n/m

Birds are in the SB.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on January 24, 2018, 07:49:05 AM
Everyone knows damn well that white kids aren't trying door handles, and everyone knows damn well that if they were they wouldn't be called thugs.  How the Editor allowed this to be distributed I don't know.

There's little doubt in my mind white thugs are trying handles too.

ice grillin you

theres more whites in my neighborhood than blacks but its close and whites are definitely the overall minority and we have one of those neighborhood message board things that my girl follows...i tried to follow it once and had to stop because of the unbelievably petty complaints about every farging little thing people would post about but i always watch the videos...a lot of people have cameras in front of their houses...and id say 60-70% of the footage show white kids as the perps

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

He looks straight outta central casting for the role of a nazi scumbag