World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on May 07, 2018, 10:12:57 PM
It's a beautiful jungle, let's ride ATVs through it.

Por que no?

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I don't get the interest in going into jungles.  There are hundreds of things that can kill the hell out of you in there.  Plus they're hot, dirty and otherwise inhospitable.  Thanks but give me a vacation in Europe or even in Maine or the Pacific Northwest before some equatorial hell hole. 

/ugly American

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 08, 2018, 08:58:07 AM
they're hot, dirty and otherwise inhospitable.   

florida?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

There's probably fewer sinkholes in the jungle.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on May 08, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

florida?

Explain the 30 million Jews living here then.

ice grillin you

george zimmerman cancels them out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 08, 2018, 09:37:06 AM
Quote from: MDS on May 08, 2018, 09:03:28 AM

florida?

Explain the 30 million Jews living here then.

bubby and zaeda escaping the northeast winters is different than normal humans and other assorted rednecks transplanting to a swampy hellhole
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Susquehanna Birder

I'm with you on Roatan, Phreak. I didn't ride through jungles, but I did rent a cycle with a friend and rode around the island. Wonderful place, and I'd go back in a minute.

While in Belize, I did a cave tubing excursion. Again, cool place...but I still felt better in Roatan.

Munson

We'll be hitting New Orleans on our road trip and neither of us have been there. We're both history nerds, so any historic taverns worth eating at? Internet gives some results but never sure what to trust. I'm sure we'll be doing the uber touristy shtein (Pat O'Briens for example) while we're there, but figured someone might have an idea of a historic place to get some good food/drink.

Lucky we have friends that live in the city so we have somewhere safe to crash for the nights we are there.

Any haunted plantation tours in the area that anyone here can rec as well?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

i'm taking the wife to my old stomping grounds in nicaragua next week. they decided to start a revolution a few weeks ago.  yesterday the city hall and my neighborhood bar where i used to live got burned to the ground by a mob.

should be a fun time.

hbionic

Just came back from Mazatlan, Mexico.

I was initiated into the "Jellyfish of the month club" while there.

A blue bottle jellyfish slid up my shorts and stung the hell out of my upper leg.

Good times! :yay
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

i got back from nicaragua this morning. sad that it's not getting any US airtime, guess we have enough of our own shtein, but the place is turning into a war zone.  can't even travel around the country as the civilians have roadblocks on almost every major road in the country. ortega's guys roving around in trucks and shooting people indiscriminately. crazy stuff.

made a last second change of plans and took the wife to the corn islands which are these remote islands 30-40 miles off the nica coast where it's still fairly safe and only a few thousand people live there. even still towards the end, some places were starting to run out of supplies...beer, food, etc.

ended up being an amazing vacation and the best beaches and snorkeling i've ever been to. swam with sharks, lost my wedding ring, drove around the island on a golf cart and met some great people and got very drunk. but man the rest of the country is a farging mess. we may have been two of the last gringos to visit for fun for a very long time.

hbionic

Just got back from London, Paris, Nice.

All I have to say is what took me so farging long?

London was cool as hell.

Paris is better than I imagined. I literally got through France with "Good day, good evening, thank you, please, and do you speak english or spanish" farging amazing, I was expecting to have a hard time in France.

Southern France is a must if you do France. If you stay in Nice, it is worth your money to pay a few extra dollars and get an Air B&B (or similar) with an ocean view on the promenade.

Women are farging phenomenal. And I'm in L.A.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05