Women

Started by Diomedes, June 10, 2007, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 08, 2012, 10:41:36 AM
All mocking aside (well done guys, bravo) there needs to be just cause in order for her to reduce your time with her....along the lines of literally endangering her life when she's with you. Dropping her off at grandma's house on Sat night doesn't cut it. Even if you dropped her off every night it still wouldnt matter. What you do with your kid during your time with her is your business and it will remain that way unless there are legit endangerment issues.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Easier said than done. But as long as your kid is safe, then you don't have much to worry about.

I'm filing for 50% custody. I'm done playing these games with her. I meet my attorney Monday. She thinks because she's the Mom that she can get what she wants when she wants. I even modified my work schedule so that I don't have to be in until 9 on days I have to drop my daughter off at school [was 745].

Sgt PSN

Yeah, the thing about it is that once a parenting plan is established and on record with the court, it is damn near impossible to get it changed unless it's something that both parents are agreeing to.  If you want 50%, by all means go for it but I honestly don't think that you'll have much ground to stand on unless you can convince a judge that your daughter is better off in your care 10% more of the time.  And "better off in your care" doesn't mean that you keep a cleaner house or feed your daughter healthier food or provide an overall better environment for her to grow up in. 

Believe me, I've been down this road several times.  My ex has had drunks and criminals living with her and my kids.  She moved them to 3 different schools in 3 different states over an 18 month period.  Their diet was (still is) horrible.  These kids practically grew up on food from the microwave.  Their house was dirty, etc, etc.  The list goes on.  But every lawyer I ever spoke with (at least a dozen, probably more) has told me the same thing....unless my kids are medically considered to be living unhealthy (obese, sick, etc) or if there is they are neglected or endangered then I don't have a snowball's chance in hell.  I was basing my case on my own personal standard of living.  But in court it goes off of the state and most states have a very low standard of acceptable living conditions and parental responsibility.  So unless you have absolute proof that your daughter is spending her time in an absolute shtein hole of a house....I'm talking infestations, feces on the floor, mold, etc or that your ex is criminally negligent.....leaving her home unattended, has drugs laying around the house, etc, then I think it's going to be very difficult for you to get the custody arrangement altered. 

Of course, I'm also basing this on a level playing field.  If you or your family has the financial means to get a top notch attorney and all she can afford is some schlub fresh out of community college law school, then anything is possible.  Verdicts are bought and paid for every day in this country, so if you can afford it then you'll greatly improve your odds.

And keep this in mind....if you take her to court then your life becomes an open book.  I'm not saying that you have anything to hide, but things that you may not consider to be a big deal could be used against you.  Let's just say that you like to drink a glass of wine every night with dinner.  Next thing you know, in court you're being presented as someone with a drinking problem because you drink every day.  You went into court looking for 50% custody and now you've just been reduced to every other weekend until you complete some alcohol counseling.  Yeah, that's kind of a farfetched example but you get what I'm saying.  Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do.       

SD

The attorney I'm getting has a reputation for getting people what they want. Every person I've talked to said she lays out what she can get you and always comes through. She's going to cost me but I'm past the point of worrying about this shtein.
We're going to go in front of a mediator and I'm going to lay out what I want, she's not going to agree with it and we're going to go in front of a judge. I have nothing to hide. She on the other hand has a DUI on her record. I deleted her from my facebook a year ago so her gathering information about me from there is nothing I need to worry about.

And according to some online forums I read getting 50/50 custody isn't that hard. I was actually fine with the agreement we had even with me paying out the ass for child support, but she wants to modify that so I'd see my daughter less time. I'm not down with that and my daughter always begs to stay with me when her Moms going to pick her up.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it's do-able, it's just a matter of how good your lawyer is vs hers.  Also, I didn't think about it in my last post, but every state is different when it comes to this shtein, so I'm only speaking on what I know about Washington State.  Never went through any of this crap in PA, so the courts could be more father friendly.  Washington farging sucks ass for fathers when it comes to physical custody but they're very fair with child support. 

MDS

whatever you do, just make sure this lawyer is jewish

the whole "costing a lot" part leads me to believe she is.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

SunMo

Quote from: SD on February 08, 2012, 04:17:51 PM
The attorney I'm getting has a reputation for getting people what they want. Every person I've talked to said she lays out what she can get you and always comes through. She's going to cost me but I'm past the point of worrying about this shtein.
We're going to go in front of a mediator and I'm going to lay out what I want, she's not going to agree with it and we're going to go in front of a judge. I have nothing to hide. She on the other hand has a DUI on her record. I deleted her from my facebook a year ago so her gathering information about me from there is nothing I need to worry about.

And according to some online forums I read getting 50/50 custody isn't that hard. I was actually fine with the agreement we had even with me paying out the ass for child support, but she wants to modify that so I'd see my daughter less time. I'm not down with that and my daughter always begs to stay with me when her Moms going to pick her up.

i've been going though this with my ex and so has my fiancee with hers.  we haven't gone to a judge yet.  judges don't want to see people over support concerns, the mediators make a recommendation based on income and other factors and if the two parties can't come together the judge actually gets irritated because he feels it's a waste of his time. 

i can't speak on custody for that though, maybe that's different.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

SD

Congrats to sunny...one vagina for the rest of your life

hbionic

You're a glass half empty kind of guy.

One vagina+one anus+one mouth+breast, elbow, and knee cleavage.

Sounds pretty good to me. Congrats!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

When you're getting married for a second time, you have to know that chances are pretty good she won't be the last person you farg.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: hbionic on July 20, 2012, 04:01:39 PM
You're a glass half empty kind of guy.

One vagina+one anus+one mouth+breast, elbow, and knee cleavage.

Sounds pretty good to me. Congrats!

Plus, if you're a glass half full guy you never know, she could have a colostomy by age 70.

SunMo

Quote from: SD on July 20, 2012, 03:58:24 PM
Congrats to sunny...one vagina for the rest of your life

thanks pal.  i thought for sure you were going to crash the wedding saying "DOOOOOOOONNNN'T DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!"

SD

I would have if I had known earlier. In all seriousness though congrats, you look like a happy couple.

SunMo

yeah, so far so good. 

instead of getting married 7 months into a relationship like the first time, i waiting almost 4 years.  i mean, if she turns into a psycho at this point then good for her to be able to hide it that long