Women

Started by Diomedes, June 10, 2007, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

my roommate was walking home last night. wearing a t shirt and black pants. coming back from work. at a kitchen. some white guy in his 20s stops his car. rolls down the window.

"slut."

drives off. men.  ::)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on July 31, 2017, 09:42:42 PM
Have you considered the possibility that you are being punished for what you have done in this life?

Get a Prius.

lol

SD

I just got a call from a collection agency trying to locate baby's momma (I didn't answer).

SD

My daughter was only with me 3 days a week, I'd just pick up after her when she went back to her moms. Her mom is the biggest slob on the planet. She leaves dirty clothes all over the place, leaves food out, doesn't clean up after herself, just a complete mess. My daughters been with me full time now for a month, I noticed she lives just like her mom did, clothes a foot from her hamper, leaves her toys all over the place, leaves food out etc. I have unlimited OT so I'm cranking out a 70-80 hour work week, the last thing I feel like doing when I'm done a 13 hour day is cleaning up after her. No matter how many times I'd ask her to pick up after herself it just didn't register. So I offered her $5 a week to pick up after herself. Any time she makes a mess she doesn't clean up or her room is a mess I deduct a dollar. Yesterday marked the first week and she lived up to her end of the bargain. She's even pitching in around the house. Easily the best $20 a month I've spent in a long time if she keeps this up.

On a separate note, I took off tomorrow. Haven't been to Independence Hall/Liberty Bell since I was in grade school. I'm taking my daughter down for her first visit. Figure we'll do lunch in the city then hit up the tourist attractions. It's mid week and supposed to be overcast tomorrow so hopefully it's not too crowded.

PhillyPhreak54

It'll be a fun day

I did that last summer with my sister. Spent the whole day down the city and even did the duck boat ride.

ice grillin you

constitution hall is ok...the liberty bell is a joke

if she's old enough take her to the mutter museum instead
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

The liberty bell is the most overrated landmark of all time and only white MA elders think it's cool to see it. 

SD

It's a birthright. Imagine telling someone you're from Philly but never saw the Liberty bell. Figure I'll get it out of the way while she's young.

The real reason I'm going to the city is I have a doctors appt at Penn which is only a few blocks away. Parking is practically free if you're a patient so I might as well take advantage

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on August 22, 2017, 09:32:55 PM
It's a birthright. Imagine telling someone you're from Philly but never saw the Liberty bell. Figure I'll get it out of the way while she's young.

The real reason I'm going to the city is I have a doctors appt at Penn which is only a few blocks away. Parking is practically free if you're a patient so I might as well take advantage

Todd approves of your parking plan

Munson

Liberty bell is fine for the history behind it.

Independence Hall is amazing and I got a little star struck in there in all honesty but im also a big us history nerd and get way too into that stuff.

The Constitution Center is my favorite place there, and the little video they show is another history nerd moment.

I need to do the Revolutionary War museum now.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

I gotta get to D.C. for a week to take everything in

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2017, 09:33:34 PM
Quote from: SD on August 22, 2017, 09:32:55 PM

Todd approves of your parking plan

i do

sd the liberty bell is free but theres always a line. this is a big tourism period so theres probably going to be a bunch of middle americans waiting with you. also get a roast pork sandwich from dinics

QB Eagles

Not only is the Liberty Bell lame but the overdone security they have there now has a very ironic police state feel.

As if the country couldn't handle the psychic loss of someone blowing up an already broken bell that honestly has limited historical significance.