Week 3 - Colts: The Prodigal Son Returns

Started by MDS, September 16, 2018, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2018, 09:22:52 AM
flags so far this year are up about 1 per game from last season and 2 from a decade ago. pretty easy to guess where that extra flag is coming from.

illegal contact penalties have TRIPLED this year

its a complete joke what they give the offense in this league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

source?

18: There was an average of 0.5 Illegal Contact penalties per team league wide.
17: There was an average of 1 Illegal Contact penalties per team league wide.

http://www.nflpenalties.com
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

QuoteIllegal contact penalties in the NFL have tripled this season compared to the same period last year, a largely unnoticed factor among those fueling a record-setting start for offenses.

There have been 24 such flags thrown this season, compared to eight in Weeks 1-4 of 2017. Officials penalized teams only 38 times for illegal contact during the entirety of the 2017 season, prompting league officials to make it a point of emphasis for 2018.

QB Eagles

Both narratives are fake.

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2018, 08:41:57 PM
18: There was an average of 0.5 Illegal Contact penalties per team league wide.
17: There was an average of 1 Illegal Contact penalties per team league wide.

This is per team, not per team per game. You're comparing 4 weeks to a whole season. That site doesn't count offsetting or declined penalties, which I'm guessing is the difference between the 16 and 24 count for this season.

QuoteIllegal contact penalties in the NFL have tripled this season compared to the same period last year, a largely unnoticed factor among those fueling a record-setting start for offenses.

This is because the number of illegal contact penalties at the beginning of the 2017 season was unusually low, not because this year is unusually high. The number in 2018 is lower than in 2016 and way lower than in 2014 or 2015.

ice grillin you

promoting offense in the nfl is not a narrative....its a real thing

the move towards offense has been going on for many years

the point is it got to low last year so they had to artificially inflate it back up this year cause all they care about is offense

pathetic

MDS

thats sort of a knee jerk reaction but the larger point is yea they want offense

so does the nba

so does baseball

so does college football

people like offense
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no one goes to the extreme like the nfl does tho to basically make it all fake