Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2014, 01:49:22 PM
mixing alcohol and guns is def the answer....and for good measure lets fill schools up with them as well

You are going to have idiots, plain and simple. Do you really feel that having some trained people with guns in a school is a bad idea? Did you ever think the nut jobs go there because they know it is a soft target with no one armed?

Munson

Lol at holding up city gun laws as examples of gun laws not working. How is a city gun law supposed to work when you can drive outside the city limits and fins youraelf in an area where its not as restrictive to get a gun?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phillymic2000

Quote from: Munson on April 26, 2014, 01:52:50 PM
Lol at holding up city gun laws as examples of gun laws not working. How is a city gun law supposed to work when you can drive outside the city limits and fins youraelf in an area where its not as restrictive to get a gun?

It's pretty much the whole state in Illinois when it comes to conceal and carry. They finally lost in court and are now dragging their feet to implement it. Chicago is a joke, only the criminals disregard the law, so yeah I will throw the city gun law up. It's a sham, it protects the criminals.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 26, 2014, 01:56:15 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 26, 2014, 01:52:50 PM

It's pretty much the whole state in Illinois when it comes to conceal and carry. They finally lost in court and are now dragging their feet to implement it. Chicago is a joke, only the criminals disregard the law, so yeah I will throw the city gun law up. It's a sham, it protects the criminals.

Or the gun who shot the dude in the movie theater in FL?  Or the kid who took his parents legally obtained guns in CT?  Or the guy in Minnesota who sits in his basement waiting for teen burglars so he can kill them?  Or all of the people with legally obtained guns who head to the Bundy Ranch to prevent the government from collecting duly enacted taxation?  Yeah, legally obtained firearms are never an issue.  Only the criminals are problems when it comes to guns.

I'd rather take my chance avoiding someone who "legally" is sitting next to me with a gun at a bar who gets drunk and gets in an argument about sports thanks.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 26, 2014, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2014, 01:49:22 PM
mixing alcohol and guns is def the answer....and for good measure lets fill schools up with them as well

You are going to have idiots, plain and simple. Do you really feel that having some trained people with guns in a school is a bad idea? Did you ever think the nut jobs go there because they know it is a soft target with no one armed?

if you want your school protected then sure hire off duty cops to guard it...but the georgia law allows any school "official" to conceal and carry....the point is there should be less guns not more....what is so hard to understand about this...and for god sakes guns in places that serve alcohol is the most ridiculous thing ive heard....I cant have 5-6 or beers and drive home without the threat of a dui but I can have 15 beers and some shots while a gun is on my hip....wtf?

just look around the world at developed nations gun deaths....the countries with the fewest guns and strictest gun laws have the fewest deaths from guns and lower crime rates....we are number one with a bullet (hi romey)....because for some reason this country is filled with farging neanderthal small dicked half wits who think more guns is better cause they are gonna save the world from criminals and black helicopters
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

That's the other thing - I'm not trying to outlaw guns, but using Chicago as an example like it proves a point is asinine.  There is considerable empirical evidence in western counties that fun control works.  But then again the right ignores empirical evidence routinely so why should this be different?

phillymic2000

Some schools do hire armed guards, Columbine had them. Please cite your article that ranks us #1. I would like to see it, unlike some who just lash out and call people racists, ma, and other names when their clearly superior opinion is challenged, I try to keep an open mind and discuss things with people in a civil way.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 26, 2014, 02:20:49 PM
That's the other thing - I'm not trying to outlaw guns, but using Chicago as an example like it proves a point is asinine.  There is considerable empirical evidence in western counties that fun control works.  But then again the right ignores empirical evidence routinely so why should this be different?

Really? They have really strong gun laws and still are in the top of gun violence in our country. Maybe they should make the punishment stronger instead of the enforcement.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Diomedes

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 26, 2014, 01:46:44 PMOhhhhh nooooose! A gun stolen in Michigan has so many ties to the Georgia law!! Look at chitown dook,  some of the strongest anti gun laws around and people are shot up on a weekly basis because the criminals don't care about a law. can get guns by stealing them, or buying them from gun runners who bring them in from other states with softer laws.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Even if it is "the entire state of illinois"...Chicago is less than hour away in either direction from two other states.

You can't have city or state gun laws be effective when it's easy to acquire guns right next door.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

we need as many guns as possible in as many hands of as many people as we can and we need to let those people bring their guns anywhere they want.....that will fix everything

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/04/bullet-goes-through-wall-hits-newport-news-woman

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2014, 07:48:42 PM
we need as many guns as possible in as many hands of as many people as we can and we need to let those people bring their guns anywhere they want.....that will fix everything

You say that sarcastically, but it would weed out a lot of people.

The man. The myth. The legend.