Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

waaah

there's always some sob story from a paranoid gun nut about how, despite his poor judgement, the state didn't take his guns afterall
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 19, 2013, 05:03:25 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/dad-this-picture-of-my-son-holding-a-gun-triggered-a-visit-from-nj-police-family-services/

Dad puts facebook pictures of his son holding a .22cal AR, Concerned citizens alert NJ Child Protection.  2nd ammendment Hilarity ensues. 

First thought when I saw the pic was that the kid had his finger off the trigger, which told me that his dad taught him proper safety.  Then I read the article and saw he's an instructor.

Can't beleive someone called child services for this crap. And the overzelous agent needs a good shagging. Uptight bitch.

Seabiscuit36

That's what I thought stood out Sarge.  Guy knows his stuff, has the credentials.  The kid is holding a .22lr which makes the whole "Assault Weapon" tag a joke.  And yeah, the child services lady needs a drink and a date. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

The woman wanted inside to search the residence, and wouldn't identify herself.

To me this is as much, if not more of a 4th amendment issue than 2nd.  No matter which side of the gun control debate you are on, to me this is illegal search and seizure.

Tomahawk

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 20, 2013, 07:18:16 AM
The woman wanted inside to search the residence, and wouldn't identify herself.

To me this is as much, if not more of a 4th amendment issue than 2nd.  No matter which side of the gun control debate you are on, to me this is illegal search and seizure.

Yeah, it's outrageous that she thinks she can make such demands without a court order.  Child Services knows who they dispatched to that house so I hope they reprimand her for being completely unprofessional.  Kudos to the cops for not getting involved other than maintaining a presence, too. 

Tomahawk

Lady obviously has an anti-gun agenda and is willing to abuse her authority to further it.

Eagaholic

Well, to be fair that that publication has an agenda of its own so who knows how much of that is true. 

Diomedes

^^^

As does the sole source quoted, and he's a lawyer at that. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/03/23/1766441/gun-lobby-bombards-newtown-families-with-robocalls-against-gun-regulations/?mobile=wp

The NRA is sending postcards and automatic calls to Newtown residents telling them to oppose the assault weapons ban.

The fargin balls on these people.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

General_Failure

Trenton hostage situation passes 24 hours

QuoteA hostage situation in the New Jersey capital of Trenton passed its 24th hour on Saturday as police worked to coax out an unidentified armed man who has taken "multiple" hostages amid reports of fatalities.

Negotiations continued in the standoff Saturday said Trenton Police spokesman Lt. Steve Varn. He declined to comment on reports that a woman and child had been killed in the home where the gunman is holed up.

The man. The myth. The legend.