Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

because the college is right there stroudsburg isnt true pennsyltucky...they arent a bastion of liberalism but they are somewhat enlightened and humanistic compared to most of PAT

in fact monroe county went for clinton because of that area
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on March 27, 2018, 09:27:15 AM
pennsyltucky doing pennsyltucky things....wait WHAT

https://t.co/1hZzV2oDkP

They have a rifle team, the NRA is the "National Rifle Association". Their schools rifles are from 1970. Two students applied to the NRA for a grant. They were approved. The money is going to good use. While I wholeheartedly agree with this statement:

Quote"I didn't want to bring national politics into this but unfortunately we have no choice," Reincke said. "The NRA is a group that has transformed from a bunch of people who liked hunting in the '50s to something that quite frankly is a hateful, divisive group that seeks nothing but to push guns on people."

I disagree with not accepting money from an organization that benefits the students interests and at least in this instance is promoting responsible gun safety. You're all gonna brush me off and laugh but it's bullshtein like this why we have Trump in office. America is tired of overly pc bullshtein and this is a prime example. The 2nd amendment is a right and I know plenty of Democrats (myself included) who own a firearm. This isn't Dana Loesch being a funhole, it's the NRA allocating funds that benefit students and promotes responsible use of a firearm.

ice grillin you

little talked about fact is how racist the NRA is,...not all its members but as an organization....take the 2A/gun control debate out of it....they are an all around despicable organization and shouldn't get a dollar from anyone

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:12:52 AMMAGA bullshtein

You agree that the NRA is a "hateful, divisive" group but you think taking their money isn't an endorsement of them?

Not very good thinking, I'm afraid.

By this logic you would accept a donation from the KKK for new bases at the local ballpark?  Or free money from MS-13 to aerate and over-seed the local soccer pitch?

Come on with the complaining about PC shtein.  People don't want the NRAs money because--as they said--it's blood money. 

This is the NRA: 
https://youtu.be/PrnIVVWtAag

These people are not respectable.  Their organization is radical, bordering on terror-propagandists. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 11:28:13 AM
Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:12:52 AMMAGA bullshtein

You agree that the NRA is a "hateful, divisive" group but you think taking their money isn't an endorsement of them?

Not very good thinking, I'm afraid.

By this logic you would accept a donation from the KKK for new bases at the local ballpark?  Or free money from MS-13 to aerate and over-seed the local soccer pitch?

Come on with the complaining about PC shtein.  People don't want the NRAs money because--as they said--it's blood money.

These people are not respectable.  Their organization is radical, bordering on terror-propagandists.

The NRA is a legalized non-profit organization, the KKK and MS-13 are not.

QuoteAbout The NRA Foundation

The heart of The NRA Foundation's mission is preserving the core of our American values and traditions in our steadfast effort to Teach Freedom.

Established in 1990, The NRA Foundation, Inc. ("NRA Foundation") is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearm-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans. These activities are designed to promote firearms and hunting safety, to enhance marksmanship skills of those participating in the shooting sports, and to educate the general public about firearms in their historic, technological and artistic context. Funds granted by The NRA Foundation benefit a variety of constituencies throughout the United States including children, youth, women, individuals with physical disabilities, gun collectors, law enforcement officers, hunters and competitive shooters.

This is their actual purpose ^^^^. In this instance, they're actually following their mission statement to promote responsible firearm use. Is the NRA going to their school to solicit membership? It's not an endorsement of the NRA by accepting money for a rifle program. If the NRA was giving money to homeless shelters would homeless shelters shun the donation because it's "blood money"? If the school is so anti-NRA, then abolish the rifle team altogether.

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:43:06 AM

Fine, nevermind the analogy I'm drawing.  Explain yourself:  How do you square taking money from a group you consider "hateful and divisive."  How is that not an endorsement of the organization.

NRA can't have it both ways.  You can't put out videos like the one I posted and also claim to be some kind of benevolent association of decent people.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:43:06 AMIf the school is so anti-NRA, then abolish the rifle team altogether.

Ha.  Get out of here with this crap.  The NRA doesn't have a monopoly on guns.  You know this.

ice grillin you

their purpose is to get as many guns into the hands of americans as humanly possible...by any means necessary....just because a small percentage of those means are masked in goodwill doesnt make the abhorrent nature of the organization go away

they are a terrible organization who deals in propaganda fear racism and many other loathsome tactics as and end to their means and should be abolished

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 11:49:52 AM
Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 11:43:06 AM

Fine, nevermind the analogy I'm drawing.  Explain yourself:  How do you square taking money from a group you consider "hateful and divisive."  How is that not an endorsement of the organization.

NRA can't have it both ways.  You can't put out videos like the one I posted and also claim to be some kind of benevolent association of decent people.

Because even though I disagree with the organization on most issues, in this instance they're using their legal non-profit organization for good. "Blood money" is the NRA using it's organization to lobby against bump stock bans. Donating rifles to a school to replace rifles that are almost 50 years old isn't accepting "blood money". It's actually utilizing the organization for what it was intended for.

And I don't understand how a school would endorse the NRA by accepting money for their rifle program. Is the school waving NRA banners, handing out bumper stickers and showing up to gun rallies? They're utilizing the organization to help their school program. The parents aren't against having the rifles in their schools, in fact they're willing to give donations. So where's the issue? Again, if the NRA was to donate money to homeless shelters should those shelters shun the donations?

ice grillin you

its not for good its for business...they are being joe camel with guns by trying to get involved in the schools

if you accept money from a group thats at best tacit approval and at worst a full out endorsement

and yes if the nra was trying to arm all homeless people (and they would be if the homeless could afford guns) then the shelter should tell them to go farg themselves

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 01:01:24 PM...f the NRA was to donate money to homeless shelters should those shelters shun the donations?

I should hope they would.

We'll just agree to disagree on this then, friend.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2018, 01:10:17 PM
its not for good its for business...they are being joe camel with guns by trying to get involved in the schools

if you accept money from a group thats at best tacit approval and at worst a full out endorsement

and yes if the nra was trying to arm all homeless people (and they would be if the homeless could afford guns) then the shelter should tell them to go farg themselves

The guns are already in the schools though. Are they sending Cowboy Dan to the school to deliver the rifles and advertise gun sales? Guns are already "Camel Joe'd" to kids through movies and television. The NRA can't begin to compete with the entertainment industry in that regard.

If the NRA wanted to send food to a homeless shelter would the shelter shun the donation because they consider the source "blood money"? The question here isn't the guns, the school, parents and community have no issue with the school rifle club. So what difference does it make if the NRA is promoting gun safety or donating rifles to a school?

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 01:10:38 PM
Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 01:01:24 PM...f the NRA was to donate money to homeless shelters should those shelters shun the donations?

I should hope they would.

We'll just agree to disagree on this then, friend.

All good. For the record, I'm pro 2nd amendment but anti NRA and want common sense gun laws.

Diomedes

I am increasingly anti-2A altogether.  Gun owners have proven incapable of the responsibility.  I think it would be best to ban all handguns and most long guns, confiscate them, jail people who possess them past a certain point, etc.  Enough is enough.

We agree that people shouldn't have hand grenades and it turns out that most people shouldn't have guns either.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 02:23:41 PM
I am increasingly anti-2A altogether.  Gun owners have proven incapable of the responsibility.  I think it would be best to ban all handguns and most long guns, confiscate them, jail people who possess them past a certain point, etc.  Enough is enough.

We agree that people shouldn't have hand grenades and it turns out that most people shouldn't have guns either.

amen

that shtein shouldnt be a right

Quote from: AO1 on March 27, 2018, 02:11:13 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 27, 2018, 01:10:17 PM

The guns are already in the schools though. Are they sending Cowboy Dan to the school to deliver the rifles and advertise gun sales? Guns are already "Camel Joe'd" to kids through movies and television. The NRA can't begin to compete with the entertainment industry in that regard.

they dont compete at all though....hollywood sells entertainment....the NRA peddles messages of fear and hate to sell weapons of mass destruction

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 27, 2018, 02:23:41 PM

Hand guns for home defense should be legal but strictly regulated. Anything considered a rifle (anything with a shoulder stock) should be banned for normal citizens. You want to go hunting? Rent a rifle for the day. Like shooting ARs? Go to a range and rent one to shoot for the day.