Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Or you can just knock the window out of my neighbor's car and take his.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

What galls me is your neighbor thinks he's a law abiding citizen, and he may in fact be one by the letter of the law.  As far as he's concerned, he did nothing wrong, it's all on the thief who broke into his car.

That mentality has got to change.  It's not enough to lock your front door.  You need to secure your farging weapons.  From children, from intruders.  There are any number of ways to do this, but the majority of gun owners take literally no measures to store their guns safely. 

Time to hold people accountable.  You can't have a tiger and just tie him up to a tree with a hemp rope.  You gotta get a license and build an enclosure subject to inspections, etc. etc.  Why?  because tigers are a danger to public health if they get loose. 

Same with your beloved guns. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on March 20, 2018, 11:25:20 AM
Quote from: Rome on March 20, 2018, 10:16:25 AM
I have mine in a gun safe inside a larger safe.  Someone could definitely break in and steal my shtein no matter what I do.  I guess if my Glock is used in a crime, I should go to the joint too, though, just to make DIO feel better.

Life just goes on, the NRA nuts come out of the wood work, someone posts the story from 2014 when the Chinese guy killed 30 people with knives, rinse/repeat.

it was a terrorist group of 8 people not one....which basically eliminates their stupid argument
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Gun festish people:  "Good guy with gun stopped bad guy with gun!  See, it works"

Decent people:  "Kids still got shot yo.  Good guy can't keep kids from getting shot, best case scenario, limits carnage.  That's good enough  for you?"

Gun fetish:  "mah rights mah rights"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Why would I keep a gun under my pillow?

I'd just take my meatcicle out and whip them to death with it instead. 

Whoooo-pah!

Tomahawk

Rome

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

SD

It's a farging disgrace a bunch of high school kids can watch 17 classmates gunned down, want change, then be criticized. David Hogg is a crisis actor who's actually 25 years old (been debunked, the morons still trot it out there), Emma Gonzalez is making a speech with a Cuban flag patch on her jacket...you know...because her heritage is Cuban...so lets just ignore her actual message. "They want our guns taken away"...nice strawman you farging iceholes. They want change, none of them have ever mentioned taking all guns away. "There are already laws on the books but they're not enforced"...yes you dumbfargs, they're not working, they're asking for laws that DO work. "They eat tide pods". Go farg yourself. Every generation did stupid shtein. "Ask the Jews in Germany if they wish they had guns during Hitlers reign"...these farging idiots are delusional. "Stop infringing on my 2nd amendment rights...it's my "right"...but I'll criticize you and try to silence you for peacefully exercising your 1st amendment rights.

/rant over

ice grillin you

yeah the vitriol on saturday was absolutely sickening on twitter...i on very rare occasions will respond or beef on twitter with anyone....i generally use it as an information source and read articles that are posted but i had to go at multiple people on sat it was so gross

the issue of gun control aside i dont know how you couldnt be unbelievably impressed with those speakers....there were farging 11 year olds speaking in between performances from pop stars to over a half a million people and giving goose bumps....i still couldn't pee straight at 11...

i got the sense that the haters on saturday were more jealous than they were mad about potential gun control...like they were so salty about the attention the kids were getting...otherwise why would you go at them in such a personal way that went way above and beyond the issue

if you think about it other than perhaps a pro life march in the 80's when does the right ever get to coalesce and be a part of something that big and that special....they get tiki torches the left gets saturday or the womens march...id probably be a little angry too

hunt

MILWAUKEE -- The San Antonio Spurs were in Milwaukee on Sunday for an afternoon matchup with the Milwaukee Bucks. Before the game, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich -- no stranger to voicing his opinions on the current political and social issues -- shared his thoughts on the student-led marches against gun violence that took place across the country on Saturday.

Popovich was asked specifically about what he thought the marches meant for the future of the country, but expounded further on the need for the country to reflect, and the lack of leadership from current politicians.

Popovich's full response:

Well, the future of the country is a pretty big thing. There's not one event that is going to signal what it's going to be like in the future. But I can tell you that I'm sure most everybody is going to be unbelievably proud and excited about those students and what they've done. Because our politicians have certainly sat on their thumbs and just hidden. To most, it's almost like a dereliction of duty to watch all these people get killed with guns -- in so many different ways, whether it's nightclubs, or schools, or cities. And it seems that the power and the money are more important than the lives. So to see these teenagers demand this, it takes you back.

You think about it, the civil rights movement didn't flip or change until people saw things on TV. They saw policemen with fire hoses and dogs biting old black men and women, people being beaten with sticks. Then you get to the Vietnam War, and we're in it forever, and then what happens? Film starts coming back with arms and legs blown off and coffins, and I can still remember the little girl who was napalmed running down the road. Things change when that happens. And in this one, in this situation, these students are the same way. Images are important. Obviously you can't put an image on TV of what happened in that classroom, that would be pretty horrifying.

But if you just sit for a moment and imagine those bullets going through those bodies, and what those bodies might have looked like afterwards, how can the president of the country talk about all the things he's going to do, and then go have lunch with the NRA and change it? It's just cowardice. A real leader would have been in Washington D.C. this weekend, not at his penthouse at Mar-a-Lago. He would have had the decency to meet with a group, to see what's going on, and how important it is, and how important our children should be to us. So for all those politicians involved, it's just a dereliction of duty.

They can talk about the age limit, and background checks and all that, but the real discussion is what kind of a country, what kind of a culture do we want? You go back and investigate the second amendment. What does it really mean today? What are we willing to give up for the safety of our children. The people in power don't want to talk about that. The fact that our president left town, is a real indication of how much he really cares about anything other than feeding his insatiable ego.

Popovich was not the only member of the NBA community to show support for marches.

In a tweet, Warriors coach Steve Kerr thanked "the young generation for inspiring all of us and reminding us that change will only happen through our own will." Additionally, the Philadelphia 76ers' Ben Simmons wore a "March For Our Lives" shirt before the Sixers' game against the Timberwolves, and Carmelo Anthony helped bus 4,500 kids from Baltimore to D.C. for the march.

:yay pop!
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

That article is actually pretty good.  Lots of direct quotes, gives a nice idea what went down, who was there, etc.  Local reporting FTW.

I like this part, after someone suggests a bake sale:

NRA* sympathizer:  "$5,000 is a lot of money."   

Mother in crowd:  "I'll write a check for $100 right now."

*(btw...does the R stand for "Russia?"  That's a different subject, but we're gonna find out.)

Diomedes

Good guy with gun didn't kill the MD high school shooter last week (though he did try).  Kid shot himself.  The weapon he used was legally owned by his father, who the NRA would have us believe is an upstanding, law-abiding gun owner whose rights ought to be respected. 

I think he ought to be jailed.