Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

as long as we are better than a few lawless countries its all good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

nationwide vigils and tributes still happening 48 hrs later for these two....

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

so its beyond ridiculous...in just the last week i could probably find two dozen murders as or more tragic than this one....the fact that these people are being immortalized is infuriating

thats one of the reasons the reqiuem documentary on gun violence on hbo was so powerful....because it made you remember the tens of thousands in the country who get gunned down every year who you never hear about

if you listen and follow the response to these killings you believe that these peoples lives somehow mattered more than the rest

today the big story is video of the apartment that the killer lived in....im sorry they died....no one should die like that....but why do we need to see their killers apartment?....why are they getting moments of silence at sporting events?

according to cnn theres been two incidents around the world in the last two years....a missing airplane and a news caster got shot

SunMo

your posts are two different things, in the first one you talk about vigils and tributes, like the people who are mourning the two victims should not' be.  but in your 2nd post you rail against the media and the coverage of the event, which i totally agree with. i said it the day it happened that the media would blow it up.  the storylines are so juicy they can't resist. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

When white people get slaughtered on live television, it's big news.   It's obviously no more or no less tragic than a black boy getting assassinated by a rogue racist cop, but what it does is, it moves the conversation to what's really wrong in this country, and that is, there's too many guns in the hands of too many lunatics.

I hate to say it but a hot blonde chick and a goofy fat cameraman getting murdered might just do more to sway people on their views on guns than a school full of little kids, and certainly more than some black kid on a sidewalk in Baltimore or a teenager in a townhouse parking lot in Florida.

SunMo

have a mass shooting that cancels a NFL sunday...gun control will be instituted by lunch on Monday
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

It's ridiculous for people to mourn murder victims?   Kinda like people shouldn't give money to battle ALS?

Clown.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on August 28, 2015, 09:10:32 AM
I hate to say it but a hot blonde chick and a goofy fat cameraman getting murdered might just do more to sway people on their views on guns than a school full of little kids, and certainly more than some black kid on a sidewalk in Baltimore or a teenager in a townhouse parking lot in Florida.

if sandy hook didnt change anything then nothing will....everyone said that was the tipping point and the beginning of an era of gun control...in reality it was the end....the hope of any real gun control legislation died with all those kids

Quote from: SunMo on August 28, 2015, 09:04:35 AM
your posts are two different things, in the first one you talk about vigils and tributes, like the people who are mourning the two victims should not' be.

the station....family...friends...community - fine

moments of silence at sporting events...random people changing their twitter profile pics to a picture of the two victims...etc - NO

if the country is going to mourn these people this way then do it for everyone ...or at least for ANYONE else...

and the media is not that different from the average person...it fun to bash them for coverage and often its warranted but they are only airing what will get the average 30-55 year old to watch

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on August 28, 2015, 09:21:00 AM
have a mass shooting that cancels a NFL sunday...gun control will be instituted by lunch on Monday

MDS

its a big deal for 2 reasons

1- there was video of it. sort of like ray rice...people didnt take domestic violence seriously until they saw video of a famous person doing it.

2-it happened to the actual media (even though, in reality, it was but a simple workplace feud). it gives media people a chance to talk about themselves, how important their job is and now how evidently dangerous it is. sandy hook didnt hit home. the multiple movie theater shootings didnt hit home. but a cameraman and reporter getting gunned down did.

im hoping that essentially having video of a murder will be like the ray rice deal and get the country to wake up to the reality of the situation, but really this thing is going to go away by next week because donald trump will call mexicans lazy or something. and then, at some point in september, another horrible act of gun violence will occur and we'll "pray" and "mourn" for the victims and bla bla bla.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Black Sunday!  Good one IGY!  NFL actually allowed them to film on the field during the first Dallas/Pittsburgh Super Bowl.  Robert Shaw roaming the sidelines as Hollywood Henderson took the opening kickoff on a reverse and returned it past mid field. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 28, 2015, 10:15:04 AM
the station....family...friends...community - fine

moments of silence at sporting events...random people changing their twitter profile pics to a picture of the two victims...etc - NO

if the country is going to mourn these people this way then do it for everyone ...or at least for ANYONE else...

and the media is not that different from the average person...it fun to bash them for coverage and often its warranted but they are only airing what will get the average 30-55 year old to watch

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

http://abc13.com/961336/

Harris Co Sherriff Deputy shot and killed while filling up his patrol car

Don Ho

Having a few Primo Beers, watching local high school football on a Friday night.  Nice to get away form this shtein for a few hours.  Go Humans Go!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.