Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 27, 2019, 05:50:43 PM
I believe Dio but not hearing of James McAvoy isn't a real thing by MDS right?

looked through his imdb and havent seen 1 thing he was in...like i heard his name i suppose but couldnt tell you what he looked like or 1 thing he was in
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I'm looking forward to when the names of current celebrities are as familiar to me as the names of celebrities from the 1890s. Think I'm about 60% of the way there.

Don Ho

Was he on Gilligan's Island?  My Three Sons?  Mannix?  Cannon?  I'm with you QB.  My wife will be watching Ellen and I'll ask her "who in the farg is that?" when some current guest is being interviewed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Reworked McLeod's deal so he'll be back. Really thought he'd be replaced by Maddox but don't mind the depth

MDS

they play 3 safeties a lot so theres plenty of reps to go around

my early guess is maddox is a swiss army knife for the secondary...will rep on the outside, inside and a safety and play where needed
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 01, 2019, 12:09:29 AM
they play 3 safeties a lot so theres plenty of reps to go around

my early guess is maddox is a swiss army knife for the secondary...will rep on the outside, inside and a safety and play where needed

McLeod's the only true safety. Jenkins often moves into the slot but I envision a younger Maddox taking that role. Their dbs are pretty interchangeable. I'd really like to see Douglas get a shot as a starter

MDS

they are going to play 6 dbs a lot and by my count will have 7 reliable dbs...so between injury and sub packages all will get reps

but im with you rasul ought to get a long look on the outside

SD

QuoteSource: Eagles S Rodney McLeod's reworked deal with the Eagles drops his 2019 base salary from $7.5M to $1.5M. In total, the move creates $7.469M in cap space for Philly

Eagaholic

QuoteEagles expected to exercise $20M option on Nick Foles contract

Very glad to see. I was surprised and getting a bit worried that reports were true, that they were just going to let Foles walk.

SD

Eagles expected to pick up Foles option per Rapp

QuoteRapoport goes over the possibilities this move will bring for Nick Foles and for the Philadelphia Eagles

Nick Foles then gives the Eagles $2 Million to "buy" his freedom from his contract and become a free agent (Rapoport believes this to be the most likely scenario).
This would give the Eagles a choice to then franchise tag him (~$20.8 Million cap hit) and then try to find a trade partner who would want Foles for one season.
The Eagles could choose to allow Foles to use his $2 Million buy out, and be content with receiving a compensation pick for Foles in the 2020 NFL Draft (likely a 3rd-round pick).
If Foles doesn't exercise his buyout option, the Eagles could keep Foles on his one-year, $20 Million deal, but trade him to a team that wouldn't mind the cap hit.
If Foles doesn't exercise his buyout option, the Eagles have the option to keep him around as a $20 Million back-up QB (extremely unlikely).

QB Eagles

Sounds like they are gonna tag him. Seems risky but I guess Howie knows what he's doing.

SD

Schefter just reported they're trying to get a 3rd for him.

General_Failure

Imagine trading a Super Bowl MVP for less than Sam Bradford.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

Obviously this isn't something that just cropped up at the end of the season. Howie had all the contingencies well mapped out and thought through when he made the deal with Foles last year. I had the sense this was done in conjunction with Foles and they had a mutual understanding. Maybe nothing in stone, but a gentleman's agreement on helping each other out. It was a bit different, but the FO has a precedent when they traded McNabb. It was to his desired destination in terms of what was feasible, even though it was within division and iirc not he best deal the team could have gotten. I'd be very disappointed if they only got a 3rd. Hell, they could get that as a comp pick if they just let Foles walk.