Rest Of Baseball - 2017

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Need lil guy in here to defend this absurd new rule they're floating out there where a runner starts on second base in extra innings.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM
Need lil guy in here to defend this absurd new rule they're floating out there where a runner starts on second base in extra innings.

You're shteinting me.  What's next, a home run derby after the tenth inning?

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 08, 2017, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 08, 2017, 06:52:58 PM

You're shteinting me.  What's next, a home run derby after the tenth inning?

Great idea, it'll be just like the shootouts in hockey

ice grillin you

even if you believe 9 inning games run too long no one ever wants to see extra games end they can't go long enough
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im more for ties than this...this is little league nonsense. its fine for the minor leagues to keep those games shorter.

the easy fix for mlb is to have an active/inactive list of each game. 2 players, or so, are inactive, which adds an extra arm to your pen that you can use in long games or blowouts. you need to counteract with a pitching change per inning limit but thats a different issue.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Sudden Death EI.  Coin flip, winner bats, 1st team to score wins. It's going to be a thing.

Rome

Loria has a handshake deal to sell the Marlins for $1,600,000,000.

I'm sure the 35,000 empty seats who watch the Marlins on any given night will be thrilled to hear the news.

MDS

hes insanely unpopular there but nothing short of 5 world series in a row is going to get people to show up....just a terrible sports market

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

j are you doing mlbtv again

if so throw me some shekels because that jawn is about to start

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

they are putting some wbc games on there this year which isnt bad

MDS

ice grillin you

is there any color he wouldnt look hot as farg in
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Mets
Nats
Braves

Needs his 11 tho

MDS

my rivalry against my buddy in fantasy baseball is bigger than phils/nats