Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I prefer mutts. I like German Shepard/Rottwieler mixes a lot...that's a great combination.  For inbreeds, I'd probably go with a Rhodesian Ridgeback.  But I just can't bring myself to pay for one when the pound is full of good healthy mutts that would tear ass into a bad guy just as fiercely...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

Good healthy mutts that are good companions, and will be killed within a month if not adopted.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

The only other option is to take your time perusing the rescue sites for your favorite breed.  I watch a Ridgeback rescue page in case a young one without the ridge pops.   I'd also be more than happy to have a Ridge mix.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on July 13, 2007, 06:51:39 PM
The only other option is to take your time perusing the rescue sites for your favorite breed.  I watch a Ridgeback rescue page in case a young one without the ridge pops.   I'd also be more than happy to have a Ridge mix.

My neighbor has a Ridgeback, they got him for a huge discount because he had half a line/mohawk on his back.  Only cost them 200 bucks for a dog that should have been 1500.00
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

AirborneEagle (he used to post here) has a Rhodie. Pretty cool dog.

Diomedes

Cool dog or not, I don't miss him and I doubt he misses me.

Seabiscuit36

I hate my dog right now.  Went out to Dunkin Donuts this morning and picked up a coffee and coffee coolata for ms biscuit.  I walk in my house and hand over the drinks to my wife.  The pup jumps up and knocks over the Coolata onto our white carpet.  Not just carpet, our white walls got covered in Coolata.  I could have broke his neck right there.  The worst part is how unaware he was of what he did.  He had no idea/care how angry we were. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 15, 2007, 01:59:08 AM
I hate my dog right now.  Went out to Dunkin Donuts this morning and picked up a coffee and coffee coolata for ms biscuit.  I walk in my house and hand over the drinks to my wife.  The pup jumps up and knocks over the Coolata onto our white carpet.  Not just carpet, our white walls got covered in Coolata.  I could have broke his neck right there.  The worst part is how unaware he was of what he did.  He had no idea/care how angry we were. 

I'm pretty sure he very aware of what he did. I think he was trying to teach you guys a lesson for (1)Having white carpet and (2)posting, saying and ordering a 'Coolata'. If your dog could talk, he'd tell you to shoot yourselves with AIDS bullets.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

shorebird

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 15, 2007, 01:59:08 AM

When my chocolate Lab was around 10 months, he chewed my friggen' steps while I went out to the store for 30 minutes. Two of the nosings on the bottom, right at the front door. I wanted to strangulate his ass. What a pain in the ass that was to fix. Took half a day. He doesn't stay inside when theres no one home anymore.

I think the worst thing about a Lab is they shed bad, 'specially this time of year. I put in hardwood floors a couple months ago, just so it would be easier getten' all that friggen' hair up.

I grew up with Poodles. My Mom bred them. I hated those little bastiches. I swear, all you had to do was get your hand three inches from our door, and those little mf's would start barking like it was the end of the world, every friggen' time. I never got used to it. The shrillness of that barking went right through me.

I did have a big German Shepard. He shed worse than any Lab I've ever seen, but he was a great dog. We had a big fenced in back yard, and he stayed out there. I wished he had disliked those little ankle biters as bad as I did, but he would have fun with them when they came out.

Dillen

Quote from: shorebird on July 15, 2007, 09:45:14 AM
When my chocolate Lab was around 10 months, he chewed my friggen' steps while I went out to the store for 30 minutes. Two of the nosings on the bottom, right at the front door. I wanted to strangulate his ass. What a pain in the ass that was to fix. Took half a day. He doesn't stay inside when theres no one home anymore.
My chocolate is about to turn a year old in a couple weeks, and he's not really a pain in the ass anymore. He used to tear up everything in sight a couple months ago. He is shedding like a motherfarger too.

Zanshin

hbionic

The kid walked into the living room with no diapers on? He was asking for it.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 15, 2007, 01:59:08 AMI could have broke his neck right there.  The worst part is how unaware he was of what he did.  He had no idea/care how angry we were. 

He was just being a puppy. You put him in a situation where an accident could happen. Maybe you had an unconscious desire to trash the whiteness of your life.

Wingspan

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 16, 2007, 09:01:32 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 15, 2007, 01:59:08 AMI could have broke his neck right there.  The worst part is how unaware he was of what he did.  He had no idea/care how angry we were. 

He was just being a puppy. You put him in a situation where an accident could happen. Maybe you had an unconscious desire to trash the whiteness of your life.

One of the most common mistakes people make with owning a dog is using the excuse "He's just being a puppy."

What dogs can get away with as a puppy are all things they think they can do with as adults. If you fail to disipline your dog as a puppy, when you do disipline them as adults for something they "got away with" before, all it does is confuse them.

From the second you bring a dog home, you should set the rules, and never sway from them. The first time they jump up, you knee them in the chest...firmly, they'll get it rather quickly.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

I'm pretty sure he very aware of what he did. I think he was trying to teach you guys a lesson for (1)Having white carpet and (2)posting, saying and ordering a 'Coolata'. If your dog could talk, he'd tell you to shoot yourselves with AIDS bullets.

lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous