Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Dio that sounds a bit like how Oxford is these days. Cute touristy town with places to eat and what not. But it still has a lot of old school charm feel to it too, I think.

Some Moose and Elk pics from RMNP. The Moose were a little hard to get great pictures of because they weren't still for very long and were a decent distance away from me, so some of the brush between me and them would mess with my 300mm lense.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

We saw these two right outside of Baxter State Park in Maine. Picture isn't the best quality but it was my first trip using my new superzoom lense and this isn't too bad for being 350-400 yards away and elevated in a tree, and looking almost directly into the sun.

I have to get a light filter for this lens.

I do not think they knew that they were Super Bowl champions.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

Screw the quality, I think that's a great pic and I'm stealing it for a screen saver. I like the fact that all you really see are the silhouettes and with both heads turned to the side it looks cool.

Munson

Yeah it was a pretty cool picture, I'm just into getting as much detail as possible and I'm still figuring all this out as I go haha.

This is the original image before I zoomed in on the camera and cropped it:

Tomahawk

That's my new screensaver!!

Diomedes

Can you photoshop one of the birds out before SD gets triggered and comes in here ranting about marriage?  Or at least put her on a lower branch where she belongs?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

We did a road trip around the country this summer, started going through pictures I took on the camera. A couple shots from the Tetons and Badlands/Black Hills:

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

I like the second pic of the bison flinging shtein in the air

Rome

Or like Rhys Hoskins trying to catch a can of corn. 

Munson

lol...that's actually another buffalo in the field behind him

Munson

Got a few more done...these are from Yellowstone

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Some from Glacier NP...the weather was rough, we were there the first few days of July and at one point found ourselves walking and driving through a snow/sleet storm. Around this time I figured out how to use the manual shutter speed on my camera, made for some cool pics with the extremely blue water.