Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Ha.  No.  I've seen them live myself.  They're ridiculously good. 

phattymatty

NIN was amazing. i've seen them more than any other act, at least 20 times live, and they get better every time. the best live act there is in my opinion.  new venue that recently opened up in DC was perfect spot, holds about 4000 so still kind of intimate vibe and the light show was good as usual. good mix of 75% old school hits and 25% stuff from the last 10 years.

went two nights in a row actually, pre-gamed and smoked a blunt outside before the first night, second night went sober. first night was better.

Rome

The Coachella lineup is well, not rock-centric.  Lol. 

QB Eagles

21st century music is not rock centric.

Idris Elba is listed on the poster. Apparently he spins house music. Where's the drop, String?

Rome

The headliners and secondary acts are a joke.  Ariana Grande?  Tame Impala?

GTFOH

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on January 04, 2019, 10:54:32 AM
The headliners and secondary acts are a joke.  Ariana Grande?  Tame Impala?

GTFOH

I know Grande only because I have an 11 year old daughter.

I have never heard of Tame Impala.  Sounds like an exotic pet.

Rome

Saw The Black Keys last night.  They were great as always.

The Keys' light show and multi-media set-up was cool as hell.

Modest Mouse was the warm-up act.  Eh.  Not atrocious but not playing your best songs must be a thing now.   Oh well. 

Munson

They opened at a concert we went to 4ish years ago and didn't play Float On which was surprising but they're also one of those bands that will not play the mainstream hit(s) they have just because. They played Lampshades on Fire and Ocean Breathes Salty though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Rome on November 07, 2019, 07:16:17 PM
Saw The Black Keys last night. 

Saw them at the firefly festival 6 years ago. They were great. Unless I missed it they sort of fell off the map. Saw Modest Mouse there too...not great but at least they were entertaining

Rome

The Keys unofficially broke up for four years.  They called it a break but not playing or touring or really speaking to each other isn't a sabbatical.

They were really good, though.  They do limited tour posters for each city and I bagged an Orlando one.

I've said this before but seeing shows in Orlando is the strangest experience.  The vibe almost always sucks because there's no real community there.  It's just a bunch of people from everywhere else.  Seeing Springsteen in Philly vs Orlando is the best example.  Bruce is Bruce but the crowd barely sings along here.  Weird energy.   

Diomedes

The only thing worse than a crowd of fans singing along is when they start clapping in time like a gang of hypnotized seals.

I didn't come to the concert to listen to you sing State Trooper, old fat dudes around me, I came to hear Bruce sing it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

You'll hear me signing and you'll like it, Mister.

Also - I forgot to mention I saw Vampire Weekend with my daughter a while back (her favorite band whom I also like).  They were excellent. 

They asked an audience member if he could play "A-Punk" on the guitar and he said yes, so they invited him up.  I'm not crazy about stunts like that, but it turns out the kid shredded the lead.  Cool as hell.  Reminded me of Greg's boy ripping on Petty's gig.

Diomedes

I won't hear you singing because I won't go.  You and the other 30k can have it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Is there a show you'd pay to see?  I'll always see Pearl Jam no questions asked. 

I'm going to see RATM in Phoenix next year.  That's a certainty.  I don't care what it costs. 

I'd pay to see Oasis if they ever re-form.

ice grillin you

fans at Bruce shows don't sing along to state trooper they go to the bathroom

his two acoustic tours were legendary....so farging spine tingling especially if you are not into the crowd participation thing

https://youtu.be/JElnWbkmc8M
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous