Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i have a gaggle of zesty wr's....someone pick two of these for me

santana moss - nyg
roddy white - atl
reggie williams - tenn
justin gage - jack
robert meachem - tb

and what about starting michael turner over jamal lewis at rb?

turner - det
jamal - dal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

to be fair i also have fitzgerald but yes they are terrible

and moss white is my thinking to but its such a crap shoot

rjs246

Also, I'd go with Turner because I think he's gonna be a stud, but either of those RBs should do fine.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

I felt pretty good about my draft, but we had to have it early, and now I am not so in love with my team. Gotta pick 2 RBs this week in my money PPR league (the guys in bold are the guys I am thinking of going with):

L. Johnson @NE
D. Williams @SD
R. Brown @ NYJ
M. Forte @ IND
C. Johnson @ JAX (on the fence with this dude, as I think Uncle Rico will be dumping the ball off to him constantly)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

you would be hard pressed to have posted five more common last names with first initials...im figuring larry johnson then im lost without looking up the schedule of games and even as much as im rooting for you to win im not willing to do

PoopyfaceMcGee

Larry Johnson
DeAngelo Williams
Ronnie Brown (just say no)
Matt Forte (yuck, rookie in first NFL game against good defense)
Chris Johnson (see "Matt Forte")

rjs246

Dropping Isaac Bruce for Meachem.  Good idea? Risky? Push?

I feel like Bruce will be a security blanket for SF since he knows the offense and will therefore outperform his numbers from last year. Meachem is young and could kick ass in pass-happy New Orleans, but could also be nothing.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: rjs246 on September 04, 2008, 10:39:38 AM

I feel like Bruce will be a security blanket for SF since he knows the offense and will therefore outperform his numbers from last year. Meachem is young and could kick ass in pass-happy New Orleans, but could also be nothing.

I had Meachem on my squad right after the draft, I picked him in the last round, and dropped him shortly thereafter. When you think of the list of folks to throw the ball to that will go through Brees' head on a passing play, Meachem is going to be pretty low on the list. He made some noise in the preseason, but that was against scrubs mostly. He hasn't done anything as of yet.

Bruce seems to be pretty much the only healthy WR worth a damn on the Niners at this point, so he's got that going for him. If you are planning on starting him, I would make a move however, I don't know he's going to outperform last year much.

I would suspect there are a lot of guys on the waiver wire that are more likely to produce, at least short term, over Meachum and Bruce. Ronald Curry, Mark Clayton (playing Cincy, who he normally produces well against), Ted Ginn, and Eddie Royal come to mind.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Curry is interesting but a massive question mark on a team that will run as much as humanly possible.
Mark Clayton. Who farging knows.
Ted Ginn, not available.
Who in the farg is Eddie Royal? Seriously.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I almost did the same.  As an added "bonus," I also have Bryant Johnson on my shtein-ass team.  I ultimately chose not to make the change, because my league has a maximum "moves" rule.

PhillyPhanInDC

Clayton has produced in the past, while he has a rookie starting, it's a rookie with a big arm. Clayton is going to have a bounce back year of sorts. Eddie Royal secured the number two spot, and Marshall is out for the first game. With Cutler, they are going to air the ball out. Curry is a question mark, but a minute ago you would talking about adding Robert Meachem, who's never caught a ball in an actual NFL game.

Couple of other guys who are probably on the waiver wire:

Randle-El
Kevin Walter
Reggie Williams

rjs246

Walter is definitely not on the wavier wire otherwise he would be mine.
Randle-El, not if you paid me.
Maybe Reggie Williams but meh meh meh.

Whatever. We're talking about the last roster spot on my team so I'm not really worried. Basically I'm trying to predict the future based on zero information.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i would say minor risk only because imo meachem is one of if not the biggest sleeper pick of the year...but he could flop...i got him on my squad and wouldnt drop him for bruce...

i think bruce is old boring injury prone and probably done...id rather have some fresh blood on my squad