Where are you watching the superbowl?

Started by Beermonkey, January 25, 2018, 07:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

That's a definite possibility. I'm trying to keep with another small group, but it's getting ever more difficult to keep everybody together. I might just float this one and say it's every person for themselves (well, the immediate family comes first, or course).

Susquehanna Birder

...and Mcgillans upstairs is now sold out. Dammit.

Diomedes

I ain't joining anyone up there unless someone wants to pay my way.  I don't have much work these days and literally can't afford even $20 or anything extra right now.  I've got money to pay my bills through February, but don't have a dime for March.  So yeah, have fun.  I'll be in my mother's basement, alone.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2018, 04:10:40 PM
I ain't joining anyone up there unless someone wants to pay my way.  I don't have much work these days and literally can't afford even $20 or anything extra right now.  I've got money to pay my bills through February, but don't have a dime for March.  So yeah, have fun.  I'll be in my mother's basement, alone.

need a set of rabbit ears or are you set ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

That's why I'll be in mom's basement, she got the cable box.

I have the ears, but the signal routinely lags/breaks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Beermonkey

Quote from: smeags on January 26, 2018, 02:52:33 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on January 26, 2018, 02:46:46 PM
Just booked a room at Marriott on Market and tickets for the McGillins gig. My wife will be with me though, so I'll have take my icehole levels down a notch

so no playing around with Carolina reaper pepper powder ?

In a strange way, I enjoyed that

ice grillin you

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 26, 2018, 04:00:06 PM
...and Mcgillans upstairs is now sold out. Dammit.

me and matty were just talking how lucky we got...we werent even planning it he just happened to come across it today because he went there last sb and somehow they had tickets which i think means they must have went on sale at like noon today right before we started talking about it cause with everything in the city sold out already no way mcgillins tickets were gonna be up for more than a few hrs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

dio is there space in your moms basement

i feel like we should be together for this

havas and matty i will find you in the mayhem and i will hug you
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Beermonkey on January 25, 2018, 09:18:30 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 25, 2018, 07:24:12 PM
Cosmopolitan Hotel suite in Vegas

Four days of drunken degeneracy

I was just there for work over the weekend and if you want a real Eagles bar, try Torrey Pines in NW Vegas. Have a great time!

Thanks man!

I'll keep that place on the back burner for my fall football trip. Usually we would pay for one of the ayce and aycd parties or go to one of the hosted hotel parties but I'm looking forward to being in the wraparound suite. Since the Eagles are in it I need to be able to see and hear everything and it'll be easy this way.

Rome

I'm watching it at the same pub I've watched the Birds at since 1991.  I'll be in Philly for the parade, though.  I expect hugs and kisses from all of you when I see you.  No homo. 

SD

Conflicted, Uncle has a huge HD projector screen and a big finished basement and there will be 40+ family/friends there...only problem is he lives in Souderton.

Aunt lives a few miles from Frankford and Cottman. But she lives in a cramped 2 bedroom apartment and there's going to be 20 people crowded in her living room. I originally swore off F&C but if they win I'm going to regret not going.

If I want to go to my Aunts I have to find something to do with my daughter since her mom is useless and she hasn't seen her since December, if we go to my Uncles we're crashing there. Either way I'm off and she's staying home from school.

If I was coming from out of town the downtown hotel idea is a great one. I'd do a pre ticket deal rather than trying to cram into some random bar. I need to be situated somewhere.

Next week is nuts, hopefully the birds win Sunday. Celebrate Monday, parade Tuesday, court with baby's momma on Friday.

My daughter and I have season passes to Disney, I know a few of you have kids...gonna try to take advantage of this in April/May.

https://www.swandolphin.com/offers/biggame.html

QuoteBased on the outcome of the big game, residents of either Pennsylvania or New England can exclusively book the Champions Package, which will help winning fans celebrate by being pampered like the pros. After working up an appetite cheering for their team, guests will receive a $100 credit for a championship-caliber meal at the restaurant of the NFL's winningest coach Don Shula's Shula's Steak House or any restaurant at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and enjoy a complimentary room upgrade. The Champions Package is eligible for stays through Dec. 24, 2018, with a minimum of three nights.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: MDS on January 26, 2018, 10:25:01 PM
dio is there space in your moms basement

i feel like we should be together for this

Bring your own chair, bucket, tissues, and hand lotion.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on January 27, 2018, 08:15:31 AM
Conflicted, Uncle has a huge HD projector screen and a big finished basement and there will be 40+ family/friends there...only problem is he lives in Souderton.

Aunt lives a few miles from Frankford and Cottman. But she lives in a cramped 2 bedroom apartment and there's going to be 20 people crowded in her living room. I originally swore off F&C but if they win I'm going to regret not going.

been going to frankford and cottman since i was a kid until i went to game 5 in 2008 and walked broad street afterwards....holy crap its amazing....theres a few dead spots along the way but its basically bedlam from oregon to city hall...in fact one of my best friends is having a house part on lansing which i could have went to but turned down for center city
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea broad st after the phils won was truly amazing...you gotta get there just to revel in it

hopefully someone dies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

There's nowhere else I'd rather be than Broad St. but it's unrealistic with my situation. My current dilemma is I'm taking my daughter out of school on Monday, if they win then the parades on Tuesday, which I will also take her out of school for. We go to court on Friday, my daughter told me she wouldn't say anything to her mom about staying home but she might have to talk to a judge on Friday and if she mentions staying home and her mom not knowing I could be farged. She hasn't seen her mom since xmas time and before that it was here and there. I would just have her mom take her Sunday night but she refuses to stay with her. So I'm thinking about crashing at my Uncles in Souderton, driving her an hour to school in the morning, then coming home and crashing. I doubt a judge would give two shteins if I kept my daughter home from school to go to the Eagles parade but two days might be stretching it.