Week 2 - Bucs: Romey Special

Started by MDS, September 07, 2018, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Agholor was really good.  Bradham played his ass off.  The punter was terrific.  I mean it wasn't all bad.  Just a tough loss to a team on the road they should have and would have handled with a full complement. 

SD

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on September 16, 2018, 04:32:28 PM
The punter was terrific.

At some point I should learn his name but this roided out punter is giving the Seahawks guy a run for his money.

Quote from: AO1 on September 16, 2018, 04:33:46 PM
I was talking about Goedert   :-D

Did he even play? Not a good sign that Doug was going with 11 personnel when his WRs minus Ags are camp bodies who shouldn't be in the NFL anymore.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

He must have skipped a team meeting or some shtein to be replaced by Perkins.

SD

I saw him in on goal line on a few plays. They used Perkins a lot, not really sure why...he's not a great blocker either.

That bobble that turned into an INT last week might have bought him some bench time

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on September 16, 2018, 04:44:23 PM
That bobble that turned into an INT last week might have bought him some bench time

Harsh, if that's what it was. It was his first game at NFL speed and I thought he played well overall for a brand new TE.

Rome

I think Doug is pulling a "freshmen don't play" thing with Goeddert.   There's no other reason for him not to be out there. 

MDS

the only solution is to trade a 1st for josh gordon
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Week 2 last year:

- Touchdown loss on the road
- Opposing QB was a pedestrian vet suddenly lighting the world on fire
- Opposing team was a shock winner Week 1 against a powerhouse team
- Elliot missed a FG
- Offense was total dogshtein in the first half
- Starting RB didn't do shtein
- Jalen Mills farging sucked (Maybe not much of a coincidence)
- Game came down to low % play cause the Eagles offense didn't have enough time left

Any other similarities I'm missing here?

Rome

I'm drunk as farg.  Not a coincidence.  Providence. 

And Jameson Special Reserve.

MDS

offense putting together 5 drives (remember you had a missed fg and another t/d that couldve been a long fg) with banged up slop and a backup qb is pretty decent.

cant figure mills and darby will be THAT bad going forward. that was the game. if you told me before the game the offense would get to 20 id say NICE.

im not worried. theyre a good team. what the first part of the year is going to do is take them out of the 1/2 seed running. so theyll have to win in minny or gb or la to get back. repeating is tough.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I missed out on the last two minutes because of errands, but it sounds like it went how I thought it would. The Fitzmagic Cycle can not be interrupted.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on September 16, 2018, 04:50:22 PM
I think Doug is pulling a "freshmen don't play" thing with Goeddert.   There's no other reason for him not to be out there.

you know its possible he just isnt ready and/or that good

not every eagle draft pick is the awesome
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 16, 2018, 05:03:22 PM
Week 2 last year:

- Touchdown loss on the road
- Opposing QB was a pedestrian vet suddenly lighting the world on fire
- Opposing team was a shock winner Week 1 against a powerhouse team
- Elliot missed a FG
- Offense was total dogshtein in the first half
- Starting RB didn't do shtein
- Jalen Mills farging sucked (Maybe not much of a coincidence)
- Game came down to low % play cause the Eagles offense didn't have enough time left

Any other similarities I'm missing here?

Wow, that is good.  Similarities are frightening. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.