i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
not sure there's ever been a worse play call

Nothing remotely close comes to mind. My god franklin

QB Eagles

Worst call since Paterno decided to not tell the cops.

Rome

I watched the game with Penn State Trumpers.  Hearing those iceholes defend Paterno to their dying breaths makes me physically nauseated.   One of them actually said no one really knows for sure if Sandusky raped little boys. 

Um... just farging die already. 

MDS

was that legit the play call or did someone just get confused

either way im happy because, you know, the child rape and all. so congrats to the school that protects domestic abusers. college > nfl
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

There were two timeouts so that had to be the legit play call.

QB Eagles

It was a called RPO. So yeah the play call gave McSorley the option to hand it off. Makes sense on 2nd and 5 in the third quarter, makes zero sense on 4th and 5 with the game on the line against a superior line that had bottled up Sanders the whole game.

At the same time, the offensive line did get confused and didn't have anything really blocked up, so the three options built into the play all would have failed. Doomed play call from the start.

ice grillin you

it wasnt an rpo...that's a straight run to me...unless you count every play Penn State runs an rpo cause they are never under center

in fact if it was an rpo then franklin should get no blame...almost every Penn State 3rd and long even if it's a +10 has Sanders next to Mcsorely and the play begins with fake handoff...that's not their rpo's

this was franklin overthinking things and trying to catch Ohio state off guard by gashing them up the gut

Rome

If that was an RPO and McSorley didn't pick the pass option with the way the defense was stacked, that's a big mistake on his part.  I don't think it was either.  Franklin went with the run all the way trying to catch Meyer off guard, and it failed miserably. 

And Franklin's post-game excusefest was embarrassing too.

ice grillin you

watch the interior of the offensive line and know you it was a straight run

they were trying to cash right up inside past d lineman running up field....problem was the end stunted and filled a potential run gap

QB Eagles

We'll see if Franklin explains it more. From where I sit, it's a pre-snap RPO where the pass option is a screen. The screen to #12 wasn't there (likely would have gone there if OSU had 8 in the box), so going into the snap, it's handoff or keep.

Right before the snap the OSU LBs shifted toward where McSorley would have run and threw everything into disarray. Multiple linemen whiffed on their blocks because they weren't sure about what to do.

It's a terrible play call because they called a play with zero ability to throw the ball near or beyond the line to gain on the critical play in the game. It's a call that didn't give McSorley any opportunity to create. I'm skeptical Franklin would have made the call if he knew going into it that the ball was going to Sanders, but either way that's what the defense dictated, so it was terrible. Still had a chance to work if #71 gets a hand on his man but PSU wasn't really in a position to assume they will make all their blocks.

Geowhizzer

4th and 5
You have a Heisman hopeful under center.
You call for a play that, whether the original intent or not, ends up giving the ball to a runner who had barely averaged half the yardage you needed all night.
And you took two of your own timeouts, sandwiching one of OSU's, to come up with this.
Classic case of Franklin trying to out-think Meyer, only to end up out-thinking himself.

ice grillin you

im confident in saying that theres never been two bigger back to back melts

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

james franklin got hilariously out coached at home had a week to prepare and michigan state was all banged up.....franklin is a great recruiter but just a travesty of a game coach