Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

And there is no chance they'll be outbid.  A guy may take less money but if it comes down to that and that alone, they'll win the bid. 

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on July 18, 2018, 02:20:50 PM
No choice at this point. They missed the boat on everyone (as predicted). They're not signing anyone this offseason. They'll be outbid. Trout 2020.

I'd like to see them add a BP arm before the deadline and I'll go with the who the hell knows option if they make the playoffs. Nola is a stud, Arrieta has playoff experience, maybe they get timely hitting and Kapler doesn't overmanage and they make some noise.

first off its trout 2021. second theyll sign SOMEONE. they might not get manny or bryce but they have money to spend and last time i checked people like money.

as for this season they are still in the mix for the nl east. i dont see it happening but its not unattainable. even with manny i give them little to no shot in the playoffs. nola and arrieta would have to pitch out of their minds.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

"Someone" is the likes of Carlos Santana to which I say no thanks, I'd rather see what one of the young bucks can do. As for Trout, the Angels will trade him before he reaches free agency to maximize return so I stick by 2020.

MDS

total trump move there...errr i wasnt wrong what i meant to say was _____
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on July 18, 2018, 03:25:18 PM
total trump move there...errr i wasnt wrong what i meant to say was _____

I would agree with you there

wouldn't

MDS

Quote"This is about 2018 for us. We hope he plays well and creates a good market for himself."

dodgers gm

but DURRR manny isnt leaving la

ice grillin you

like hes going to say anything about his free agency in july when they are about to start the second half of a season that is world series or bust

not a chance they gave up 5 prospects and diaz being one of them with no intention of keeping him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

lol Freddy galvis working the phils

MDS

i know everyone hates the bb-k-hr nature of the game but tonight is why it matters so much...arrieta cant miss bats and his asking for this kind of thing all the time

Rome

I personally don't hate it.  It's just boring in comparison to how it's supposed to be played. 

MDS

how is baseball supposed to be played? are players supposed to intentially ground out or something

its not like runs per game are going in a wild direction...its just that more outs are being recorded via strikeout than before and more runs are being scored via homers. but people like dingers.

Rome

Strikeouts are awful.  They're almost 100% useless.  Watching batters who are unable to put the ball into play is mind-numbingly horrible and that's also the primary reason why the games are so long.

ice grillin you

dont happen often but romey is on point

Rome

Romey is always right.  If you accept that and live your life accordingly, you'll be a blissful motherfarger. 

ice grillin you

this tiger thing really might happen?