2018 Off Season Thread (First One As Super Bowl Champions)

Started by ice grillin you, February 28, 2018, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Glad Eagles find a way with their cap to say thanks to Foles
Quote...a revised contract with the Eagles has come to fruition. Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the team has reached a new deal with Foles that includes a mutual option for the 2019 season.

Garafolo's colleague Ian Rapoport reports that the revised contract includes a $2 million signing bonus and millions more in incentives that Foles could reach if he finds himself back in the starting job this year. Garafolo adds that the Eagles don't foresee that happening and believe Carson Wentz will be good to go for the regular season, but Foles now gets more money off of last year's work and a better chance to cash in come 2019 as a starter somewhere in the league.

ice grillin you

honest question here...something ive thought about a million times....this goes for any team in the league obviously but ill use foles as an example....if the eagles wanted to reward him as they should for the sb but not hurt their cap whats stopping them from just giving him 5 million bucks in cash....or having a third party in the cayman islands cut him a check for five million

in other words does the nfl have an IRS wing where they could find out about under the table payments
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

The Super Bowl winning Broncos from the late 90s actually did that. Years later they got hit with some relatively minor fines and losses of draft picks. There's somewhat of an understanding that it would be a bigger deal now.

I don't think the NFL audits the books regularly, but if someone leaks something or there is reason for suspicion, the CBA calls for third party investigators and arbitrators. It would end badly for all involved, and potentially reveal criminal behavior too depending on the nature of the scheme. So I think it's basically fear of being found out that keeps teams in line.

ice grillin you

my guess is that it happens all the time and once every 20 years someone gets caught

QB Eagles

There's really not a need to be that risky, because the Eagles can just line up partner sponsorships for their guys and basically facilitate them getting paid without directly paying them.

ice grillin you

same thing....maybe a sponser is paying them....or christina lurie is....or a hollywood producer friend of luries

if the nfl has no system to stop this and the only way to get caught is if someone sings then its definitely happening all the time

hbionic

Didn't Jerry Jones do this with Pepsi and Neon Deion?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

the 49ers did it with jerry rice and maybe a few others

remember, its only cheating when youre caught
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 20, 2018, 09:57:39 PM
There's really not a need to be that risky, because the Eagles can just line up partner sponsorships for their guys and basically facilitate them getting paid without directly paying them.

Bingo. 

phattymatty

finally got my email about getting pics with lombardi trophy.

they gave me three different dates in may as options and emphasized in bold that I must bring my own camera or phone to get the picture.  that made me laugh.

Rome

Munson

I love that the author is quoting JEffery Lurie saying "don't quote me" lol.

Trump is a vindictive baby who attacked the NFL because he's still sour he was kept out of the club because nobody farging likes him. And he's a racist POS and the players should have no interest in going.

Or really what they should do is go and then farging kneel or something. Embarrass his ass on national TV.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

If they wanted to embarrass him they'd go meet with Obama.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic