Trey Burton, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, February 05, 2018, 02:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Since everyone else is getting one

One of only 4 Eagles to ever throw a TD pass in the Super Bowl

Diomedes

Every player on the roster deserves his own thread.   

There could be an entire forum dedicated to it.  A Super Bowl Champions section, each thread stickied.

Rename :CF for them all...would make a very long URL but I'm down.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

They need to get rid of Celek now that he has his ring and use the money to re-sign Burton. He's under the radar doing a little of everything well and has an off the charts qbr.

Diomedes

Hard for me to imagine Celek playing another year, or being retained.  He's an Eagle legend now.  Perfect time to bow out.

Burton should be kept if at all possible.  There's a spark to his play and he's a big part of the locker room/team ethic.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

They should keep Celek around like they do Dawk. An advisory role or team ambassador or some shtein. But yeah he's not worth his salary anymore and cuts need to be made unfortunately. They're really up against the cap.

Sgt PSN

Absolutely. It's been real yo, but it's time to go. 

MDS

im going to dig deeper into 2018 later but burton and ertz are the same player except ertz is a lot better

burton cant block otherwise celek mightve been cut already...id say celek has a better chance of coming back

burton can easily get more money and a decent offensive role elsewhere. hes a huge jesus freak and buddies with wentz and his jesus crew. family is settled here. maybe hes cool with less money and a lesser role. doubt it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Burton was excellent this year but they can't afford to keep everyone.  I expect Burton is gone and they'll draft a second tight end late in the draft.

MDS

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 06, 2018, 01:31:55 PM
Burton was excellent this year but they can't afford to keep everyone.  I expect Burton is gone and they'll draft a second tight end late in the draft.

excellent is a strong word for a guy who plays like 10 snaps a game. hes superior to the role hes currently in -- special teams and a handful of formations -- but hes like the 5th or 6th best pass catcher on the roster. on a different team he would be a lot higher. off the top of my head atlanta could really use him.

if he goes his last play of consequence will be one to farging remember.

but like i said hes got his family settled here...got the jesus crew...maybe he takes less money and doesnt mind a diminished role. but generally guys follow the money, as they should.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: MDS on February 06, 2018, 01:40:50 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 06, 2018, 01:31:55 PM

excellent is a strong word for a guy who plays like 10 snaps a game. hes superior to the role hes currently in -- special teams and a handful of formations -- but hes like the 5th or 6th best pass catcher on the roster. on a different team he would be a lot higher. off the top of my head atlanta could really use him.

if he goes his last play of consequence will be one to farging remember.

but like i said hes got his family settled here...got the jesus crew...maybe he takes less money and doesnt mind a diminished role. but generally guys follow the money, as they should.

He was excellent given what his role was on the team.  He played very very well in ertz's stead.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

They finally got their QB of the future, and for a hell of a bargain.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

Tight end Trey Burton will forever be part of Philadelphia sports lore thanks to one of the best trick plays in Super Bowl history. The "Philly Special" featured Corey Clement taking the snap and tossing the ball to Burton, who completed a pass to quarterback Nick Foles for a 1-yard touchdown just before halftime in a game the Eagles went on to win.

No matter what, every time Burton returns to Philadelphia, he will get a hero's welcome. Unfortunately, there is a business side of sports that comes to the surface, especially during the offseason.

Although Burton was a player that Philadelphia signed as an undrafted free agent and developed into a dangerous receiving threat, the Eagles let him go without making an offer. Burton agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with the Bears on Tuesday, a day before the official start of free agency.

"I was really disappointed, man. If I'm going to be open and transparent, I was really disappointed that there wasn't any offers. It didn't seem like they were even trying to really make it happen. The reality is, you can make anything happen if you really want to," Burton said on 94WIP's "Marks and Reese Show."

"That was my mindset, and I'm really disappointed in that [lack of offer]. It kind of hurt me a little bit. But I'm really excited about where I'm going and where we are heading. It's a great fit for us, and really good days are on the horizon."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes