Week 16 - 7 Passing TD’s Is The Goal

Started by Rome, December 17, 2017, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I watched that entire game sober (I know, right) and there wasn't a single element of the team that said Super Bowl to me.  The passing was good but not great for obvious reasons. So was the running game (although more Ajayi would fix that).  The run defense was good but not great and the pass defense was atrocious again.  Special teams were, for the most part, very good but penalties, etc. held them back a bit. 

The coaching was average to pitiful, especially the defensive scheming.  I know Schwartz is a stubborn farg, but how many times does a team have to beat you over the middle in an ultra-soft zone before you change tactics?  The Giants probably got 15 first downs out of that play. It's just infuriating. 

I know a win is a win but the Giants are farging putrid.  They had no business running that team off the field three straight drives to start the game.  Those lapses concern me more than the injuries, penalties or Pederson's mongrel-headed game mismanagement. 

PhillyPhreak54

The thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day.

:CF

Rome

The only place in the universe where one person labels you a homer and another a hater. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AntiRome on December 18, 2017, 03:14:37 PM

The only place in the universe where one person labels you a homer and another a hater.

Which is a neat trick since there's only about seven people here.

smeags

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 18, 2017, 05:08:36 PM

one thing the dynamic duo here can never be accused of is, not being diverse.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

JackStraw

It feels just like family though   a family holiday dinner with relatives that goes on...what is it.. 17 years?
Endless regression to the mean

hbionic

Hey jackstraw, just going down memory lane, I ran into you at candlestick back in '06, right?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I think he was out there. And Paco too.

Don Ho

Quote from: JackStraw on December 19, 2017, 02:03:55 PM

It feels just like family though   a family holiday dinner with relatives that goes on...what is it.. 17 years?

Jack will respond in about 6 months
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Post of the decade
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on December 19, 2017, 03:13:32 PM

Jack will respond in about 6 months

lol

MDS

rodgers isnt playing saturday, so the vikings should win

good chance monday means something. ho ho ho.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Not to be Debbie Downer but unless the D does a complete 180 back to 6 games ago they aren't beating the Vikings wherever they're playing. The Rams either. Anyone else I give them a 50/50 chance.

Tomahawk

SD

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 19, 2017, 11:04:04 PM
The defense already beat the rams.

The defense got run over by Gurley and couldn't cover Kupp. The offense bailed them out and the refs lent them a hand in the process.