Random Musings about Fantasy Football thread

Started by Diomedes, August 03, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I'm in the final of a small money league....$200 for first. I'm up by 59 pts. I have Tony Gonzalez left and he has Colin Kap, V.D., and Crabtree going tonight.

I hope to hold. (Praying)

I'm in the 3rd place match for another money league...$160 for 3rd. I was down by about 50 and I had Shady and Cooper...I closed to within 3 pts (farg Chris Polk). He has Colin Kap and I have Anquan Boldin. Unless Boldin blows up tomorrow night and gets all of his TD's...I'm pretty much done.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

I'm down 27 with only Crabtree left.

I've got 99 problems but a split ain't one

phattymatty

i tied my fantasy championship. 130-130. apparently the first tie breaker is bench points and dude beat me by like 5.

what a crock of shtein.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

It's been almost ten years since I played fantasy football.  I've enjoyed the break.  It's nice to just watch a game and not care about the stat scroll at all.  Almost becomes invisible.

Alas all good things must end, and I got roped into joining a league this year.  Standard scoring thing on Yahoo, no real money at stake.

A couple things I want help with:
I don't care to obsess over this but I'm not trying to be embarrassed either.  Anyone got a free cheat sheet/prep site/app/file they can share.  I'm drafting on the 6th, hoping to have at least an idea what positions I want in what order, etc.
The league is a bunch of mid western whiteys.  Six Chiefs fans, Two packers fans, and one Indianapolis guy....then there's me.  I'd like to troll these fargers hard.  Open to any and all trash talk suggestions.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

One of the lists I reference...probably the most accurate and I like they split it up into tiers. They have some free mock draft simulators with adp too

Standard scoring list

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/consensus-cheatsheets.php

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

rate my draft

ten teams
basically standard scoring
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

I drafted 9th, 12th, etc.

9 Cooper Kupp
12 JaMarr Chase
29 Jalen Hurts
32 Mark Andrews
49 Terry McLaurin
52 Travis Etienne
69 Rashad Penny
72 Antonio Gibson
89 Devin Singletary
92 Dallas Goedert
119 Hunter Renfrow
122 Brandon Aiuk
139 David Njoku
142 Nyeim Hines

I didn't draft K or D....was drunk by then and figured I'll just drop and add. 

Mock me

SD

I only played standard once (first ever draft in 2013). On paper your team looks solid. Etienne (have him in 2 leagues round 4...he never made it past round 4 in any league) in the 5th is good value. RBs are a little weak but you have monster wrs which should make up the difference. In a standard scoring league (assuming it's only 4 pts for passing tds) Hurts is a solid pick...in standard scoring he's like having an extra rb. I usually wouldn't carry 2 TEs especially since you have potentially the #1 te but Goedert in rd 9 is a steal. Gibson was a smart pick since his only competition was shot. I'd say you're safe to drop Njoku to pick up a K or D. Maybe try to trade Hines and a flex wr to the Jonathan Taylor owner to see if you can snag another rb. I'm a fantasy dork sorry for the long winded post. Please keep me posted.

Diomedes

Appreciate the suggestions...need to add a K and a DEF so Njoku is the clear drop for one of those....Hines will be the other if I can't interest the dude who has Taylor

thanks

phattymatty

looks like you're actually carrying 4 TEs.  but I guess if they are interchangeable with WRs no biggie.

I just had a draft last night for the first time in maybe 5 years....didn't even know 50% of the names.

Diomedes

I feel you.  I was frantically looking dudes up going...who the farg is Courtland Sutton....is that the guy Andre Johnson beat up...how is he still in the league...and I thought he was a CB....ACK, my pick!!

SD

Sutton/Jeudy are huge ? because they finally have a decent qb (Russell Wilson...I still think of him with Seattle) I found people reaching for Sutton when more established players were available.

Quote from: phattymatty on September 07, 2022, 11:20:29 AM
looks like you're actually carrying 4 TEs.  but I guess if they are interchangeable with WRs no biggie.

I just had a draft last night for the first time in maybe 5 years....didn't even know 50% of the names.

Andrews/Goedert/Njoku unless I'm missing someone. I noticed his format you do not need to start a te but there's two flex options w/r/t. Andrews is a no brainer one of the flex spots.