TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on December 28, 2017, 10:45:29 AM
i didn't make it through 20 min of that show.

it was unbelievably bad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Quote from: AO1 on December 29, 2017, 10:10:29 AM
I love revisiting my childhood. There's a show on Netflix called "the toys that made us". Watched Ep 1 (Star Wars), 3 (He-Man), and 4 (G.I. Joe). Ep 2 is Barbie, didn't watch but some of you may like it.

If you played with any of those toys growing up it's interesting to see their birth, the concept, the thinking behind the toys, and the marketing. The He-Man creators were iceholes.

I actually did watch the Barbie one...thought it was cool the inventor lady was able to do all she did as a woman during the 50's. Barbie being based on some Eurotrash kink doll is pretty funny too.

I feel like I watched Robotech as a kid but I barely remember 30 days ago let alone 30 years. Regardless, the digitally remastered one on Netflix is beyond awesome.

American Vandal is probably the best mockumentary in the history of the genre

SD

n/m - ep 2 really picks up

Tomahawk

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 01, 2018, 10:40:10 PM
I feel like I watched Robotech as a kid but I barely remember 30 days ago let alone 30 years. Regardless, the digitally remastered one on Netflix is beyond awesome.

I meant Amazon Prime instead of Netflix

PhillyPhreak54

smeags

not sure how many of you watch peaky blinders on netflix, but the 4th season was pretty damn good.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 25, 2017, 03:11:50 PM
I'm a serial killer nerd but mind hunter is so farging good

It gets gradually better but overall a great binge watch. Ending was a little off, my initial reaction is what I thought they were going for but I looked up theories anyway in case I was missing something. Best part of the series is how they use real serial killers and their psychology and how the ending with Kemper throws that all away. They do a great job of setting up a season 2. I'm glad they didn't address that as some rushed season finale. ADT guy is based off Dennis Rader. I'm not up to date with my serial killers so it took a little research to read about theses guys.

Hippie gf is hot, so was the lesbo fbi psychologist. Acting was average.

ice grillin you

agree on the ending it was a little much

the rest is all time great tho...the btk teasers at the beginning of each episode were terrifyingly awesome

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed I'm on the final ep so I'll finish tonight

SD

General_Failure

'John Wick' TV Series in the Works at Starz (With Keanu Reeves Attached)

QuoteThe potential TV series is set in the John Wick universe and focuses on the inner workings of the exclusive Continental Hotel, which serves as a refuge for assassins.

I'd watch that. I have no illusion that it would be great, but maybe on that Highlander: The Series or Stargate: SG1 level of pretty good and lasts for years too long and has a spinoff.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

My daughter and I watched my 600 pound life, holy shtein I've never laughed so hard.

MDS

over the last month or so i tore through HALT AND CATCH FIRE

heard good things about this show but never got around to watching it....man did i miss the boat on this. like a lot of prestige dramas the early goings are a bit rough but man if you can get past the first half of s1 is it farging worth it. multiple moments in the final season had me on the verge of tears. this might wind up in my top 10 all time shows. this was THAT good.

if you dug mad men or friday night lights, you will definitely like it. its about tech in the 80s/90s, but its really about these 4 human beings. its fun to follow the work and the history and some of the nostalgia, but what really grabs you is the people. WATCH THIS.

4 seasons. 10 eps each. 45 mins an episode. on netflix. not a huge commitment.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i quit it sometime in season 3

bo-ring

Rome

I agree with igy here.  The first season was ok but after that, zzzzzzzz.