Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM
Seasons: City (Last Champion) [leagues]
0: Philadelphia ('18 Eagles) [ALL]

Let's refocus:  This is still a beautiful, beautiful thing.

ice grillin you

again bills have not opened concession stands in the upper deck before because they didnt get enough people there

im sure they have some die hards here and there but its more like a hockey fanbase where they have diehards but its a small fanbase....dont ever speak them and eagle fans in the same breath again its insulting

Quote from: phattymatty on February 22, 2018, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: AO1 on February 22, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
but can you imagine one Eagles fan who doesn't know who their 1st round pick is much less if it was a QB.

I've met several over the last two weeks.

they definitely arent eagle fans
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It's insulting to you because you have an extremely narrow & binary world view.  These are people who have never won anything ever.  They're cold weather, lower and middle class, blue collar fans who live and die with their teams.  Are they hokey, borderline Canadians?   Of course they are.  But give me 20 of them to hang out with over any other fan base except ours.  That's from personal experience too, not something you've seen on the internet or on television, Havas. 

ice grillin you

perhaps you hang out with the wrong people?

ive been to buffalo/western ny at least 5 times...including about six months ago...its trump country garbage at some of the highest levels...signs were still everywhere

hillary barely got 50% in erie county which includes the city of buffalo where trump should have gotten trounced...go even 500 feet outside of the city and its deplorables

i dont even care about that anyway...i wont ever be living there just dont compare their podunk half assed fanbase to the greatness that is the birds

thanks

QB Eagles

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 22, 2018, 10:14:08 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM
Seasons: City (Last Champion) [leagues]
0: Philadelphia ('18 Eagles) [ALL]

Let's refocus:  This is still a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Add in the fact that immediately before this Birds season, we were in one of the most unsuccessful sports eras in Philly history. Now the Birds are champs and the Sixers and Flyers are gunning for the playoffs.

Still hard to comprehend that the Eagles are champions, they did so in spectacular fashion, and nearly everyone in the country with a pulse was rooting for them to win. We will never suffer less than we are right now.

General_Failure

Obviously, this is an alternate timeline and we won't remember any of it when the continuum sorts itself out.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on February 22, 2018, 04:11:50 PM
Obviously, this is an alternate timeline and we won't remember any of it when the continuum sorts itself out.

It was a Tide ad the whole time.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 22, 2018, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on February 22, 2018, 04:11:50 PM

It was a Tide ad the whole time.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

if the caps win that makes minneapolis the most sports suffering four team city

Rome

phattymatty

MDS

dont care at all but now rooting for the caps as it will bring pain to you phonies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

As far as professional expansion team requirements go...are stupid names a requisite?

New Orleans- Pelicans
Las Vegas- Golden Knights

Seems like they get dumber and dumber as they expand.

Go Eagles! Go Lakers!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you