World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on April 04, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 04, 2018, 05:29:36 PM
We hit Arches last summer, gonna be hitting them all this summer.

Did you do the Narrows walk in Zion?

We didn't. We had a couple of little ones with us, but we know we missed out. But we will go back and do the narrows for sure.

We also want to do Antelope Canyon in Arizona near the grand canyon.

We want to do the rest of Utah including Arches.

So beautiful. Words can't describe it.

We also want to do Antelope Canyon but unfortunately its a bit off our summer road trip route and I don't know if we'll have time to get there. But we're gonna try.

We just got back from a week long New England road trip. Did all the touristy stuff in NYC and Boston, saw a bunch of shtein. It was pretty awesome. Acadia National Park, even when half of it is closed down and it's cold, is amazing. We want to go back very badly, though it and Bar Harbor are no doubt a complete clusterfarg in the summer.

We went up into the Maine wilderness sort of too, ended up on some back dirt logging road trying to get south from Baxter State Park. It was no doubt a little frightening, thought we were going to pop a tire or break the car and get stuck out in the middle of no where.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
Quote from: hbionic on April 04, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
Quote from: Munson on April 04, 2018, 05:29:36 PM
We hit Arches last summer, gonna be hitting them all this summer.

Did you do the Narrows walk in Zion?

We didn't. We had a couple of little ones with us, but we know we missed out. But we will go back and do the narrows for sure.

We also want to do Antelope Canyon in Arizona near the grand canyon.

We want to do the rest of Utah including Arches.

So beautiful. Words can't describe it.

We also want to do Antelope Canyon but unfortunately its a bit off our summer road trip route and I don't know if we'll have time to get there. But we're gonna try.

We just got back from a week long New England road trip. Did all the touristy stuff in NYC and Boston, saw a bunch of shtein. It was pretty awesome. Acadia National Park, even when half of it is closed down and it's cold, is amazing. We want to go back very badly, though it and Bar Harbor are no doubt a complete clusterfarg in the summer.

We went up into the Maine wilderness sort of too, ended up on some back dirt logging road trying to get south from Baxter State Park. It was no doubt a little frightening, thought we were going to pop a tire or break the car and get stuck out in the middle of no where.

Ah, you took the short cut!  I think I've been on that road.

Munson

:-D short cut is one way to put it.

The plan always was to take that road (Golden Road) from Baxter to go around and down, where it turns into Sias Hill Road....but I had no idea they were logging roads that were in that bad a shape. It looks halfway paved on google street view. It was rough, to say the least.

If I had known ahead of time that the roads were that bad, I would have just said farg it and gone back to Millinocket and taken the southern way out west instead.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Sadly, just learned about these two things:

https://www.eparks.com/product/22515/Passport-To-Your-National-Parks%C2%AE/

https://www.travelstamps.com/16/home.htm

But I bought my daughter these two items so she can carry them with her as she travels the U.S.

I wish I would have had them earlier in life, would have changed my travel outlook, but its never too late. I have a newfound appreciation for our National Park Service and what they do.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on April 07, 2018, 05:41:00 PM

But I bought my daughter these two items so she can carry them with her as she travels the U.S.

I wish I would have had them earlier in life, would have changed my travel outlook, but its never too late. I have a newfound appreciation for our National Park Service and what they do.

We grabbed the passport book last year when we did a road trip through the middle of the country, then forgot to bring it with us on our trip through New England :'(

Ended up buying a new one. Now we're gonna have to decide which book to bring with us on our summer long trip coming up. I'm thinking that we bring the New England one so that way we can have all the places we visit in the 2018 calendar year in one book, and use the other one for future trips we make.

Never knew about the stamps....shtein. Don't make me spend more money.

hbionic

It's so farging worth it. It's a nice little album for $20 plus whatever the costs for each stamp.

Munson

Yeah I might be making that investment haha.

We also are trying to get one of those travel posters from each park we visit, but Rocky Mountain was out of them last summer and it seems to be quite a bitch to find them online. You would think the NPS would have an online store with this stuff.

hbionic

In a way, its cool if you're only able to get park related items at only the visitor centers located within the park. Forces you to visit. But yeah, if you forgot something, its nice to order it online.

I'm ordering the national park badges for Muir Woods and Rocky Mountain National Park Estes Park for the kid.

Saw this family and their kids had a vest full of these badges. farging travel nerds.

Now, I have two (Bryce and Zion) for my daughther's nerd travel-vest we're making for her.   :=)

hbionic

Also, I'll check if we have an extra park map for Rocky Mountain National Park. I'll send it to you if I do.

Munson

Thanks man, we actually have the map, I'm more looking for these type posters:

Or the old WPA posters like this:

Tomahawk

Quote from: hbionic on April 07, 2018, 05:41:00 PM

Thanks for the links...I love trees so much, I get-------wood

hbionic

Headed to Amsterdam next week.

Any recommendations before I go catch HIV from a tranny?

PhillyPhreak54

Wear a rubber and drink absinthe?

Just got back from my first cruise. Took Norwegian Getaway out of Miami to Costa Maya Medico, Harvest Caye Belize, Roatan Honduras and Cozumel

The beaches were fantastic. The best one was in Honduras. I had kids and adults from those countries screaming Go Eagles and Champions at me the entire time. One little ten or so year old kid in Honduras ran up to me and yelled Nick Foles champion baby!

Did a four wheeler ride through the jungle in Cozumel

With that said seven days is too long for me to be on a cruise

Diomedes

It's a beautiful jungle, let's ride ATVs through it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Either they do tourist stuff, or they clear cut it for farmland.

The man. The myth. The legend.