2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

McManus makes a good point

They interview Dougie and then immediately after push to hire McAdoo and then Coughlin

Sounds like one helluva ringing endorsement for him eh?

Also a couple NY writers have said that Coughlin wanted to bring most of his staff from NY and that they weren't going to be let out of theirs contracts

Either way a total clown show led by Howie

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2016, 04:08:13 PM
Either way a total clown show led by Howie

This is Howie's ship now and I think Lurie is giving him a relatively short leash....2 years tops. So far, it hasn't gotten off to a good start.

QB Eagles

It's an open secret that whoever they hire is Plan D (unless they whiff on even more hires).

I wonder how many times Lurie will reference Andy during the Pederson press conference.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 14, 2016, 04:18:52 PM

It's an open secret that whoever they hire is Plan D (unless they whiff on even more hires).

I wonder how many times Lurie will reference Andy during the Pederson press conference.

And he will say Doug was their numba one the whole time

Philly media is gonna feast on Lurie and Howie

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Sgt PSN

I think he was token but I also think Lurie gave him a fair shake. If Lurie wasn't going to at least consider him, I don't think he wastes his own time with the interview.  It also just happened to put a check in the EEO box.  Lurie can always say that he put in the call to Hue, but was too late. 

ice grillin you

you cant just call a minority candidate you have to actually interview them....duce was right down the hall which made it easy to get out of the way
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

No, I mean that if anyone wants to accuse Lurie of doing a token interview with Duce, he can always say that he put in a call to Hue but missed out.  I have no idea if the league can even look into something like that, but if they do, Lurie at least has something to point to, even if it didn't lead to an interview. 

Don Ho

I'll give Dougie a chance.  Howie's had his so he can farg off.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 14, 2016, 07:18:28 PM
if anyone wants to accuse Lurie of doing a token interview with Duce

if anyone did that (league already has) theyd be right....it was a complete farce

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2016, 06:52:45 PM
you cant just call a minority candidate you have to actually interview them....duce was right down the hall which made it easy to get out of the way

Duce was probably sitting in his office watching film and his intercoms buzzes

"Duce it's Jeffrey - would you like to be HC?"

"Uhhh yeah."

"Ok thanks"

Sgt PSN

I think it was reported that Duce asked for the interview and Lurie gave him one.  I still don't think it was a 100% token job unless Lurie had already identified his guy and wanted to get that out of the way, but I don't think Lurie had anyone specific that he favored, otherwise that person would have been hired a week ago.

ice grillin you

duce has no business being interviewed for a coordinator job...the fact he was interviewed for the HC position of an nfl team is preposterous

Butchers Bill

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2016, 08:32:21 PM
duce has no business being interviewed for a coordinator job...the fact he was interviewed for the HC position of an nfl team is preposterous

Yeah, I don't see how anyone could argue that Duce was a legitimate HC interview in the spirit of the Rooney rule.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.