The Big 5.5 Sports Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 09, 2009, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on December 12, 2009, 01:17:29 AM
no idiot

bowls are good for teams that play in the mac and 6 and 7 win schools in power conferences. its at least something.

bowls are pointless for national title contenders. since the top 10 or so teams are interchangeable, you have a playoff to find a winnnnnar.

dis b da troofs

Sgt PSN

ku dropping knowledge on la salle right now in kc. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 12, 2009, 01:17:29 AM
no idiot

bowls are good for teams that play in the mac and 6 and 7 win schools in power conferences. its at least something.

bowls are pointless for national title contenders. since the top 10 or so teams are interchangeable, you have a playoff to find a winnnnnar.

what are you talking about

the bowl temple is in means 1 billion times less than the bowl penn state is in

again the temple bowl means something to you because you like temple

lsu penn state destroys temple whoever

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no shtein

but psu and lsu fans expect national titles. if there was an 8 team playoff, theyd expect to get into it every year. temple people would not. they will be happy with mac titles, random bowl games and having 'a shot' when they play power conferences schools 1-2 times a year.

of course the payout will always be better for the citrus bowl vs. eaglesbank bowl, but overall this season was totally forgettable for psu. meanwhile it was the greatest season in tu history because they made a bowl game.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

villanova - montana final friday at 8

MDS

todd's return to the lc today @ 3 to see his alma mater BEAT nova
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

FARG YEAH PHILLY!!! Temple in the mother fargin house!!!!!!!!!! :crazy

and Nova the poor sports, love it!!!

MDS

Great time.

1. Dunphy is a god. Dude can coach. Not a lot of talent but he gets the most out of them and they all play within their limits.
2. Nova barely beat st joe and lost to temple. Gonna get GOT in the big east.
3. Open seat on press row so I sat next to my replacement at ttn and saw pretty much all the old faces. Nostalgia!
4. Free shot of yeager at the bar after the game.

Kansas is next

phillymic2000

Quote from: MDS on December 13, 2009, 06:42:12 PM
Great time.

1. Dunphy is a god. Dude can coach. Not a lot of talent but he gets the most out of them and they all play within their limits.
2. Nova barely beat st joe and lost to temple. Gonna get GOT in the big east.
3. Open seat on press row so I sat next to my replacement at ttn and saw pretty much all the old faces. Nostalgia!
4. Free shot of yeager at the bar after the game.

Kansas is next

Nope, NIU is next, just got tickets! its only about 45mins from the crib!! I havent seen Temple in person since high school in the the late 80's! cant wait to take my boy!!

phillymic2000

and I am completely jealous of #3 and #4 ;D

MDS

no need to be jealous of sports writers. its an idiotic profession. but the free shot was nice.

MDS

W @ the Hall

tourney bound. at large. locked in.

ice grillin you

MDS

btw temple is #3 in the rpi and no i will not stop til it stops bein this good

MDS

if temple beats kansas, they are gonna be in the top 10

up to 18 plus a win over bowling green tonight and northern illinois coming up. ramone moore steppin up finally. life is good.