Best Football Day of the Year?

Started by SunMo, April 24, 2007, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite football day of the year?

Draft Day
11 (57.9%)
Superbowl (non-Eagles)
0 (0%)
Opening Night Game
6 (31.6%)
Fantasy Draft Day
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 18

SunMo

Draft day is by far my favorite football day of the year.  It's a full day of football goodness.  Not to mention Mel Kiper, your Lord and Savior.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

top 4

1. home opener
2. draft day
3. fantasy draft day
4. schedule release day
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I'm bummed out, my basement wont be finished till at least 2 weeks from now.  Still having a small get together but at least i'll be ready for september
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Father Demon

Although I really like draft day and schedule release day, there is nothing like actually watching a football game, and specifically, an Eagles football game.

Eagles season opener is the biggest day for me.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

btw what the hell does opening night game mean...i took it to mean the nfl thursday night opener that kicks off the season

SunMo

yeah, that's what it means...

obviously any Eagles related event will take precedence over anything I've listed.  i was thinking more in general NFL terms
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i thought so but how did three people pick that...that game has ruined opening weekend imo...

PhillyPhanInDC

I put Draft Day over any non-Eagles related/involved football event.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2007, 02:47:14 PM
i thought so but how did three people pick that...that game has ruined opening weekend imo...

I picked it because I thought it meant Eagles opener, but was typed poorly.  Apparently, it was my reading that was poor.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

Draft day (weekend actually) is the only time of year my wife leaves me alone entirely.  I sit in front of that television from the start to the finish of both days usually with a case of beer in a cooler next to me.

The last few years I've had draft day parties which are becoming fairly epic blackouts.  This year my birthday falls on Saturday.

I expect to be smashed to oblivion by the time the Eagles make their first pick.   :yay

ice grillin you

I picked it because I thought it meant Eagles opener, but was typed poorly.  Apparently, it was my reading that was poor.

no it was written about as clearly as your average king cole post

PoopyfaceMcGee

For my money, as a devout fan of the current Eagles front office regime, it doesn't get any more exciting than the first day of free agency.

phattymatty

i'm a fan of their whole catalog.

General_Failure

That's a calendar, not a catalog.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm quite partial to undrafted free agent signing day myself.