Free Opera, Free Web Browser One Day Only

Started by Father Demon, August 30, 2005, 10:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

I am a Firefox user, but I have heard some people complain about the amount of memory it tends to use up. Also, its pop-up blocker is less than perfect. I have been tempted to switch to Opera, but an Ad-Free Version costs $$$. HOWEVER, today it is FREE. So I recommend you give it a go, I haven't yet, but might as well.

Description:
Opera is an Internet browser with a pop-up blocker, multiple-window navigation, mouse gestures, keyboard shortcuts, an e-mail client with a spam filter, and integrated search for user security and speed. The cross-platform browser includes a multitude of other functions, such as IRC-compatible chat, support for RSS newsfeeds, a password manager, and one-click customization and privacy-protection settings. Mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts allow for accelerated Web navigation while the Fast Forward and Rewind buttons ease browsing. Users can run multiple windows as well as personalize the user interface with one-click skins. The browser also contains special elements for users with disabilities, drag-and-drop support, a notes function, user profiles, and a host of other features. Opera supports the latest in security and provides password and cookie managers.

Opera 8.02 includes security upgrades and smaller bug fixes.

Note: For one day only, you can get an ad-free version of Opera. Simply go to this link to get your registration code:  http://my.opera.com/community/party/reg.dml    This offer is valid from 12 a.m. Tuesday, August 30 to 12 a.m. Wednesday, August 31 2005 (PDT). 

This is the link to download the ad-free version of Opera.

Sorry for the late notice -- I just found this myself.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.