The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

QuoteA league source insisted that Ennis had more lucrative offers elsewhere, but he had a strong desire to compete for a championship and was willing to sacrifice in order to be part of a team he thought could win a title this year. To fill out their bench without a lot of cap maneuverability to work with, the Sixers were going to need someone, internally or externally, to take a hit on the bottom line. Ennis turned out to be willing to absorb that.

And it should be noted that he's a great fit within this program both on and off of the floor. Ennis has a real bond with starting point guard Ben Simmons away from the court, and on the court he was the quintessential glue guy for Philadelphia's bench last season. It's not as flashy as a new pickup, but Ennis is reliable and can do two things the Sixers need desperately — knock down open shots and switch on the perimeter.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Shake

QuoteMilton was arguably the best player on the team's G-League affiliate, the Delaware Blue Coats, for most of last season. Translating G-League stats to the NBA is far from an exact science, but he was an above-average shooter from deep (36.7 percent) on high volume (5.9 attempts per game) and finished the season as Delaware's leading scorer with 24.9 per game.

Milton was decidedly a mixed bag at the pro level during his first NBA season, but he showed enough flashes to inspire confidence in him moving forward. The primary question surrounding Milton at this time is what sort of guard he's going to be at this level, and that has really been the question for him since he left SMU.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Utah signed Mudiay for $2.5 million and Jeff Green for roughly the same. I'd rather have those two players than I would Scott and Ennis

ice grillin you

this is it this is the list....the bench is utter garbage but we knew that...whats a lot more frightening is the offense...i just dont know how thats going to work...they dont have a single player that can create on his own and they dont have any shooters

ben
j rich
toby
horford
jo jo

zhaire
thybulle
KOQ
shake milton
bolden
ennis
scott
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Spacing is going to be weird. After seeing all the deals that went down they could have made a lot better use of the money they spent signing Horford and Scott

phattymatty

scott's getting like 4M a year?  way down on my list of worries for next year.  he's their most experienced bench guy.

hopefully they can keep teams to 59 points per game and won't need to make jump shots.

SD

Over $4 million. I like Scott because he brings attitude but would you rather have Scott at $4.9 million or both Jeff Green and Mudiay combined for the same amount.

hunt

horford & j rich both shoot the 3 as good as or better than butler...yeah, they'll miss jj's shooting. but they won't miss his horrible defense & all the work it took to get him open.  a shooter off the bench would've been nice but they're capped out. have to hope one of the young guys can make some shots. 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on July 03, 2019, 10:21:40 AM
Over $4 million. I like Scott because he brings attitude but would you rather have Scott at $4.9 million or both Jeff Green and Mudiay combined for the same amount.

regardless of who you would rather have theres no denying they way overpaid for scott...he shoudnt have gotten anything more than the vet minimum...they not only doubled that they gave him multiple years

in brands defense we have no idea if green or mudiay even wanted to come to the sixers...in fact all reports say mudiay wanted to play for quinn snyder pretty badly...still when it came to scott seems like brand panicked when the market started drying up

Quote from: hunt on July 03, 2019, 10:34:50 AM
horford & j rich both shoot the 3 as good as or better than butler

horfords sample size of shooting the three is so small theres no way you can say this...he didnt make threes at an acceptable % until he got to boston with kyrie and a bunch of wings who could create and kick to a wide open horford...sixers have no one who can do this.......if you are counting on horford to space the court next year or be knocking lots of threes you are going to be really disappointed...he is not going to be open like he was in boston....horfords greatest asset next year is going to be running pnr with richardson...they both are really good at it

richardson is a much better three point shooter but again he cant create his own shot...hes at least taking pull ups now but hits in the 20%tile....his ability to pull up at a higher % next year is going to be super important because again the spacing isnt going to be there for spot ups...at least richardson unlike horford can punish close outs...really richardson is the key to the whole team next year

hunt

mudiay stinks and shoots the 3 worse than butler, horford, or j rich.   

anyway, horford attempted and made more 3's per game last year than butler did in his time w/ philly.  neither are volume 3 pt shooters though. 
they had to replace redick...he's way too one dimensional & couldn't get good looks against better competition in the playoffs.  and whoever they replaced redick with was always going to be a worse shooter but better defender...so i can live with that trade off.

it's a very talented but very flawed roster right now.   

ice grillin you

not all threes are the same...jimmy can get his own shot...this makes a huge difference especially on a team with serious spacing issues...horford obviously cant get his own shot and richardson shoots a horrific % on non catch and shoots...hopefully he gets better

also its not all about threes....they desperately need guys who can get their own shot ANY kind of shot...mudiay can do this and is only 23...as i said its not really worth talking about cause he had utah tunnel vision but i would taken a vet minimum flyer on him in a second....i cant stomach jeff green....hes a team killer...at least ennis and scott are great teammates

phattymatty

jeff green is notorious for making everyone on the floor worse when he's out there.  big pass on that guy.  the difference between what mike scott is getting and vet mimimum would not have mattered when it comes to bringing in an A+ shooter.  plus mike scott is a cool ass dude.

losing JJ hurts the team worse than jimmy. 

i'm still pretty meh on brett brown as a coach or else I'd say they will find a way to make it work because I think this team is better than the team a week ago.

SD

Quote from: hunt on July 03, 2019, 10:34:50 AM
horford & j rich both shoot the 3 as good as or better than butler...yeah, they'll miss jj's shooting. but they won't miss his horrible defense & all the work it took to get him open.  a shooter off the bench would've been nice but they're capped out. have to hope one of the young guys can make some shots.

igy covered my thoughts on the Horford can shoot the 3 argument. I'm fine with leaving JJ leave. $12 million for a 35 year old who is one of the worst defensive starters in the league is too much. As a bench guy at $6 million sure but his defense is as big of a problem as Ben's lack of a an outside shot.

Quote from: hunt on July 03, 2019, 11:48:22 AM
mudiay stinks and shoots the 3 worse than butler, horford or j rich

Would you rather have Mudiay or Ennis or Scott? I would have liked Jeff Green over Mike Scott and Mudiay over Ennis. They'd of been cheaper too. Maybe they didn't want to come to Philly for the vet min but maybe they'd have taken $4 million on a one year deal

hunt

ennis & scott are making peanuts & don't matter much.  idk if mudiay or green had any interest in philly anyway.
to me, the argument is whether or not the big contract they gave horford could've been better spent on other guys.  but i get why they did it.  the +/- difference between jojo on the court and jojo off was ridiculous. horford should help that quite a bit.

but once they gave horford that $, you knew the bench was gonna be shtein.

SD