Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

so, things got more interesting, if that's possible.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Kind of curious how the finale shakes out due to the preview. On one hand you see the Unsullied/Dathraki's charging the Lannister Army on the other hand you see Cersei/Jon/Dhaenarys/Tyriann having sit down. I'm assuming the sit down doesn't go as planned and Dhaenarys orders an assault.

Munson

I assumed they were just getting into position pre-meeting so that when Dany and Tyrion get there, Tyrion can basically say to Cersei "you try anything and the entire city burns, including you"

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Zanshin

Odds on the white walker dragon breathing ice have to be pretty high.

smeags

Quote from: Zanshin on August 22, 2017, 10:40:59 AM

I didn't want to spoil things but yeah, that has to be coming.

Munson

Quote from: Zanshin on August 22, 2017, 10:40:59 AM

That would be my assumption, that it breathes freezing breath/ice.

However, it breathing flames still would make it much more useful for breaking down the giant wall of ice....and it's not like the Night King can fit the whole army of the dead on Viserion's back to get them over the wall, so that wall does have to come down.

I guess the ice breath could be used to freeze the ocean around Eastwatch....but I can't imagine we'd spend so much time at Castle Black throughout the series, and still have a character there we know (Edd), to not have that be Ground Zero for the breach/destruction of the Wall.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Quote from: Munson on August 22, 2017, 10:56:26 AM

I guess the ice breath could be used to freeze the ocean around Eastwatch....but I can't imagine we'd spend so much time at Castle Black throughout the series, and still have a character there we know (Edd), to not have that be Ground Zero for the breach/destruction of the Wall.

kind of how the series/books have gone to this point, unpredictable.

QB Eagles

Jon Snow thinks about ice dragons several times in the books. They breathe cold. But maybe an ice dragon is a different creature from a wight dragon.

If they have a wight breathing fire, even if it's a blue flame, that's kinda stupid since wights are highly vulnerable to fire. But D&D probably don't care, they showed the wight bear on fire and it kept going. That last episode already had a ton of nonsensical plot holes, so what's a few more.

I don't see the Night King going around the wall. From the minute they showed the wall, everyone who's even remotely familiar with the concept of storytelling should have realized that big farger is crashing down at some point. At least in one section. Highly disappointing if it doesn't. It's as inevitable as Clegane Bowl.

SD

Quote from: Munson on August 22, 2017, 10:36:56 AM
I assumed they were just getting into position pre-meeting so that when Dany and Tyrion get there, Tyrion can basically say to Cersei "you try anything and the entire city burns, including you"

I only saw the preview once but I thought the Unsullied were in position and the Dothraki were charging

SD

I just rewatched the preview, first shot is the Unsullied in formation, then the Dothraki charging behind them. Then you see the Dothraki charging ahead of the Unsullied who's still in formation. I'm assuming the Dothraki are getting into position since traditionally a Calvary is the first to charge during a war. Or maybe they're attacking. I guess that was the point of the preview, to keep the viewer conflicted about what's going to happen.

I also noticed Dhaenarys isn't shown at the sit down. I bet she shows up with the Dragons for negotiating leverage.

Zanshin

I'm a casual watcher. But one thing I noticed is a stark (no pun intended) drop in nudity this season. Guess there's no time to squeeze in a few boobs between fights (I contend there always time to squeeze boobs, however). That's my expert analysis.

Eagaholic

So John and Dany finally hooked up. I thought it was an auntie-climax.

Munson

lol

But hollllly shtein that ending. Wow.

Also, omg we got Rhaegar/Lyanna action

SD

Another great episode but no real surprises other than Cersei being pregnant.

Eagaholic

Rhaegar looked exactly like Visarys. Agree SD, most things you could either see coming or weren't that surprising (though Cersei did tell Jamie she was pregnant last week), but it was still really good despite itself. The season really suffered from being way too compressed, making it an average season that had a good bit more potential. It will be an interesting Dany/NK aerial showdown. I want to see what happens when both dragon's breath meet midair. 67 down, six to go :(