Am I the only one

Started by Diomedes, August 03, 2005, 09:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

who thinks this space walk thing is just the most outrageous, coolest thing evar?

I mean holy cow.  The dude is out there, tethered to the end of a crane, trying to fix some felt like grout in between tiles of one of our spaceships that is sticking out 1/4".   That blows my mind. 

How well did brother astronaut sleep last night, I wonder?  How well did his family sleep last night? 

This dude is a pilot, mind you:  not a handy man.  I'm sure he's plenty capable of the job.  But still.  He's being called on to do a hell of a lot more than your average day on the job.

I'm impressed.

Go ahead and piss on my parade now.  Thanks for listening.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

I thought it was pretty farging cool too.  Especially since NASA said this wasn't possible 6 months ago.  Man did their story change when they decided, eh, we can risk shtein falling off if it saves our budget.
Anyone but Reid.

BigEd76

AstronautCam was pretty cool too...

Tomahawk

He is a pilot; however, I'm sure he's had all sorts of training to allow the successful completion of his project. Irregardless, it is pretty damn cool.

He probably sleeps like a baby. His family probably not so well.

Yeti

........ground control to major tom your curcuits dead theres something wrong can you hear me major tom can you hear me major tom can you...................
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

QB Eagles

Here's an unteathered spacewalk photo that has always blown my mind. If I were that far from the ship I'd probably be crying like a baby wanting to get back inside the shuttle.

mussa

its all a set-up...see...see if something falls off we fix it...alittle duct tape, no problem. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

The only thing cooler would be if he looked up during his excursion and said: "My God... it's full of stars!"

rjs246

Zero gravity sex would be pretty dope.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Fan_Since_64

Great stuff, for sure!  :yay
I've been a space program junkie since I was a kid - back in the Project Mercury and Gemini days. I've always had tremendous admiration for the astronauts - this spacewalk is just the latest manifestation of the sort of moxie that has been part of the astronaut persona from the beginning.

mussa

i bet the asstronauts are fargin right now...duct it...farg it
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Wingspan

look out! that guy is being eaten by the wampa ice creature from The Empire Strikes Back!

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Wingspan on August 03, 2005, 01:27:58 PM
look out! that guy is being eaten by the wampa ice creature from The Empire Strikes Back!

STRIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

hbionic

Quote from: QB Eagles on August 03, 2005, 11:05:09 AM
Here's an unteathered spacewalk photo that has always blown my mind. If I were that far from the ship I'd probably be crying like a baby wanting to get back inside the shuttle.

Is that guy tied to nothing? That can't be real. I think you would float off per Hollywood movies, wouldn't you?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05