Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on December 09, 2004, 12:50:05 PM
I saw spiderman 2 last night, wow very cheesy, and bad acting.  I think x-men has been the best comic book movie so far.  i didn't expect much but it was pretty cheesy at times.  special effects and action i liked very much though. 

As far as the next spiderman...i was shocked to see at the end of the 2nd that the next movie villian looks like to be the son of the green goblin.  thats pretty lame if u ask me.  i was hoping for venom in the next spiderman.  :boo

I liked Spiderman 2, but I agree that X-Men 1 & 2 are the best comic book to movies ever made. The movie is following the storyline correctly. The Hob Goblin is killed and his son then takes over as the Green Goblin (Or is it Green Goblin first then the son becomes the Hob Goblin?  ???).

I'm highly anticipating the next X-Men to see how they work the Pheonix into the whole saga.

MURP

SpiderMan 2 was much better than the first one IMO.   Enough with the Power Ranger lookalike they call Green Goblin.   That character sucks.

JTrotterFan

I know it's been out on DVD for a while now, but have you seen "A Man Apart" with Vin Diesel?  It's a good flick...good action!
2004 NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!

mussa

Yea i hated the green goblin and am pissed to see how hes gonna be the next villan. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Greenfeather

Spiderman without the Green Goblin is like Batman without the Joker.  The Green Goblin is the original Spiderman villain dating back to the 60's.

I do agree that it is unecessary to bring him back or the Hob Goblin for that matter plus the actor who plays Harry Osborn is a complete putz.

I was happy to see Doctor Octopus in the second film.  Again, another old school villain.

I had stopped collecting the comic books before the character of Venom was introduced but he or it seems very popular.

However there is still one more old school villain from the series, The Lizard who would probably be CGI or they could use the Gorn lizard costum from the original Star Trek series. ;) 
Knox Harrington....Video Artist!

General_Failure

The real problem with Venom is it would take an entire movie to make him a villian. Otherise you could end up with some half-ass plot with a sub villian that has to be finished off before Spiderman and Venom split.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Greenfeather

Quote from: General_Failure on December 09, 2004, 07:20:10 PM
The real problem with Venom is it would take an entire movie to make him a villian. Otherise you could end up with some half-ass plot with a sub villian that has to be finished off before Spiderman and Venom split.

Exactly. What we learned from the last 3 Batman movies is that multiple villains and their sub plots take up too much time and the plots of the films all ended up being half assed.  Multiple villains only work in the context of The X-Men ensemble becuase the plot itself is devoted to the interaction of the followers of Dr. Xavier and Magnito(sp?).

So back to Venom, your saying that he and Spiderman are at some point the same person?
Knox Harrington....Video Artist!

General_Failure

As I understand it Venom is an alien parasite that lives inside Peter Parker. He gives Spiderman incredible strength, but makes him a bit nutty. This is when Spiderman wore a black suit, the suit was actually Venom. Spiderman finally decides to rid himself of Venom, but Venom's only vulnerable to sound. Somebody else can explain this a lot better than I can, I'm sure.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

http://www.marvel.com/universe/index.htm   find venom in the listing to read all about him/his powers etc.

Zanshin

Pretty cool link.  Nice site.  I haven't read a comic book since the early 80's...but that was a nice blast from the past.

Susquehanna Birder

I'm considering a shot at watching Blade Trinity (featuring our BOTW). My son and I caught up on Blade and Blade 2. I'm not expecting anything great...just a lot of bloody action.

mussa

I want to see Blade 3, great action in the others.

Id maybe want to see The Kingpin, as the next villian in Spiderman series.  Hes human, so u'd just have to find a huge italian looking mafia guy to be him.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Yeti

"Keep the River to your Right"

Documentary about a artist in the 60's who ventures into the Peruvian jungle and lives with cannibals.  I rented it at Blockbuster.  He says people taste like pork. 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Zanshin

They did Kingpin in Daredevil.  Michael Clark Duncan, or something.  The big dude from The Green Mile.