Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

even though I called (like many others I assume) the ice dragon taking the wall down, that was a great episode.

that said, the season was way too compressed and seemed overly rushed at times.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phattymatty

i'd prob do my aunt if she looked like that.

my favorite part was bye littlefinger. was def caught off guard. went from disgust to happiness in a second.

so are they going to wait another year and a half to make 6 episodes?

QB Eagles

Nice job with that whole zombie arc this season. Looks like the mission to capture the zombie yielded the support of a single one armed man in exchange for Thoros, some extras, a dragon, and the Wall.

I've seen the Littlefinger/Sansa thing coming since last season but somehow it was still enjoyable to hear him called out on all his BS.

phattymatty

i did not expect jamie to make it out of there.

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on August 28, 2017, 10:37:46 AM
i did not expect jamie to make it out of there.

Same. Now he needs to be the one to murder Cersei. Also Bronn is now even more of a wild card, which is the most fun kind of Bronn.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: Eagaholic on August 27, 2017, 10:31:26 PM
So John and Dany finally hooked up. I thought it was an auntie-climax.

I just saw this.  Bravo. 

Also - loved the finale.  My daughter said, "hey Dad, I guess the LAST cut really is the deepest" after Littlefinger got zipped.  I chuckled with pride. 

Eagaholic

Quote'Game Of Thrones' Duo Benioff & Weiss To Pilot New 'Star Wars' Movie Series

The Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) said in a statement that David Benioff and D.B. Weiss would write and produce the new series, which will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently announced trilogy being developed by director Rian Johnson.
Walt Disney Co103.52

No release dates or plot details were given.

Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement that Benioff and Weiss's "command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push 'Star Wars' in ways I find incredibly exciting."
I've never had an interest in SW but I'd probably give this a shot.

Also, GOT concert tix on sale. I saw last year's, I recommend it if you're really into GOT. They had some kinks to work out but overall still a very good production on the kind of massive scale you'd expect from GOT.  Philly is 10/2 at WF Center.

SD

Wrong thread but the Solo movie looks horrible

Munson

No, still no trailer, but we do get like 5 seconds of new footage in this, and it's about time to bump this thread:

https://twitter.com/hbo/status/1099760877274886144 21
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagaholic

Bud Light commercial was way better.

I should probably put this in the book thread but I'm not going to bother. But I do recommend A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. 3 Dunk and Egg novellas in one book. More enjoyable than I thought it would be. A lighter read than ASOIAF and not nearly as complex, but by the end there were the same trademark GRRM wheels within wheels, plot twists and a couple of good holy shtein moments. Easy read you might polish off in a weekend, and a worthy tune up for the last season.

Munson

Yeah the Dunk and Egg tales are great

!!
https://twitter.com/gameofthrones/status/1102962107203682304
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Eagles_Legendz

Will be interesting to see if this is the same table setting type episode the premieres usually are with only 6 left.

Munson

With so many reunions that need to happen, and this episode being hte shortest of the season, I imagine it will be mostly that.

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 14, 2019, 08:44:47 PM
Will be interesting to see if this is the same table setting type episode the premieres usually are with only 6 left.

It was 👎