Started by ice grillin you, September 15, 2017, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Legit question: Cup?

Offense: Good
Defense: Young but good
Goalie: Sure

QB Eagles

It's the NHL. Only thing that matters is who's hot in the playoffs.

Right now they need to stay hot just to make the playoffs because the whole division top to bottom is separated by like 7 games.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 25, 2018, 11:28:21 AM
Right now they need to stay hot just to make the playoffs because the whole division top to bottom is separated by like 7 games.

they have zero chance of not making the playoffs they are 11 pts up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

SD

Boring game. Entertaining as hell OT. Mrazek stole them a win. His glove saves are unreal.

1st farging place

Geowhizzer

Quote from: AO1 on February 26, 2018, 10:34:49 PM
Boring game. Entertaining as hell OT. Mrazek stole them a win. His glove saves are unreal.

1st farging place

When Konecny hit the post, I thought that was it.  Mrazek was amazing the whole night.

I still hate the farging shootout.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 26, 2018, 10:47:12 PM
Quote from: AO1 on February 26, 2018, 10:34:49 PM

1st farging place

When Konecny hit the post, I thought that was it.  Mrazek was amazing the whole night.

I still hate the farging shootout.

I'd rather see 10 minute 3 on 3's (for as much as I hate the shootout I love 3 on 3) and the game ending in a tie. Both teams get a point either way...it's dumb to reward one team with an extra point because they're better at shootouts. You can slowly see Konecny developing into a top winger, and he's only 20.

MDS

my dream scenario:
-cut 8/10 teams out of the league (bye nashville, florida, tampa)
-60 something game schedule
-20 minute 3 on 3 ot, then a tie
-3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an ot win, 1 for tie/ot loss

and bring back the mighty whale.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Tampa's actually been top 10 in attendance the last six years.

Florida screwed up by putting their arena in Broward.  They were trying to somehow hit both Miami and West Palm Beach (and even Naples to some degree across the alley) by centralizing, but ended up missing both. 

Makes my drive easier when I go to the Flyers game, though, so leave it alone!

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 27, 2018, 09:25:30 AM
my dream scenario:
-cut 8/10 teams out of the league (bye nashville, florida, tampa)
-60 something game schedule
-20 minute 3 on 3 ot, then a tie
-3 points for a regulation win, 2 for an ot win, 1 for tie/ot loss

and bring back the mighty whale.

I have no problem with teams wherever. Who cares
Owners will never go for a 60 something game schedule. Who cares about the length of the season anyway
20 minute 3 on 3 is absurd. Players are worn down and 25% of all games go to OT.
Go back to a game ending in a tie equals 1 point for each team. I never saw the issue

These are just my opinions

Yes on the might whale

MDS

that wasnt supposed to realistic..of course nobody is giving up games/money. its what i would do if i was dictator of hockey.

youd figure with fewer games, players would have more in the tank for 3on3. the thinking would be someone would eventually score before it got to 10 minutes, let alone 20.

oh and geo the furthest south hockey is going is dc so you are SOL

ice grillin you

phantoms were down 5-1 in the third and just tied the game 6-6

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2018, 09:21:32 PM
phantoms were down 5-1 in the third and just tied the game 6-6

7-6 phantoms with 2:00 left....un friggin real

ice grillin you

just finished this game....i went to the movies that started at one so i watched it on delay....cant believe no one posted about it....had to be the nhl game of the year....flyers put up an incredible fight and of course wilted in a shootout but holy shtein what a watch