Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Not only is the one helmet rule super dumb, but did no one think they could just put bigger stickers over the helmet to change the color?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on February 22, 2019, 09:22:32 AM
Not only is the one helmet rule super dumb, but did no one think they could just put bigger stickers over the helmet to change the color?

A decal that big would hide helmet damage.

Really they should just get rid of the one helmet rule, which I'm pretty sure is a legal CYA thing rather than a decision based on real medical information. But if I were the NFL's lawyer, I'd want them to keep the rule even if it's based on pseudoscience. A jury might hear "they made me change my helmet for this game" and believe that change means something scientifically.

SD

ice grillin you

The helmet rule is irrelevant

we talking about going old school for good not some one game bullshtein
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Why would the NFL allow a permanent change to the old uniforms?

So they can sell throwback jerseys to the Midnight Green era?  lol
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Basically anyone born after 1990 only knows the zesty green

then youd have kelly green lovers that would scoop the farg out of all kinds of new shtein because it no longer looks like vomit

Diomedes

We're sitting ducks, lapping up whatever they brand either way.

If I were Lurie, I wouldn't be satisfied just to track jersey sales.  I would know roughly (and probably thanks to cameras and clever software, pretty closely) how many fans attend games wearing a jersey.  I'd know which colors are most popular.  I'd know which numbers were most popular.    The information is just sitting there for me to collect.

All teams probably know this.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

im sure they do but while the jerseys get the most attention because that's obviously what the teams wear during games its waaaaaay bigger than that....everything from keychains to beer mugs to skullys to dog bowls will be Kelly green

you can get a Kelly green jersey anytime you want....you can even get them custom made with a new player on the back if you really want

you know what id kill for that you cant get?....a Kelly green license plate frame...shtein like that would bring in more money than the jerseys

SD

They won a SB in the midnight green...they'll never go back. Lurie used to say the Kelly green represented a losing team.

General_Failure

Midnight green went away when Nike couldn't make that color jersey. They won a SB in teal.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 23, 2019, 01:09:19 PM
They won a SB in the midnight green...they’ll never go back. Lurie used to say the Kelly green represented a losing team.

id like to see the quote if that's lurie...im pretty sure that was his ex and I don't even think it was a direct quote I think it was people saying off the record that that's what she believed

the reason they wont change is because theyd have to change the color scheme of the whole stadium including the seats....which they aren't going to pay for just to switch a jersey...honestly I get that....the dumb thing is the nfl rule that requires it

General_Failure

All I remember him saying when he changed it is he didn't want to look like the Jets, who I guess thought it was a good idea and switched to their darker jerseys too.

ice grillin you

mike bartrum assistant tight end coach

yes there is an assistant TE coach