I'm in the market to buy a television & need assistance.

Started by Mad-Lad, November 29, 2005, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

j and i are going to split mlbtv for the rest of our lives. its the bond that will never break us.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Lolol

Yeah I'll never go back to EI

I love being able to watch at work and listen to the radio whenever

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 09, 2016, 02:35:52 PM

we literally just discussed the fact that if you get EI you get mlb.tv for free

being able to listen or watch wherever is not a reason to not get EI because with EI you can still watch/listen where and whenever you want....the reasons to not get EI is if you don't care about being able to have the package on cable and have the ability to flip around with a normal handheld remote btwn programs/games and/or if you cant afford it or if you don't have cable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the mlbtv app on apple tv is actually really good for flipping btwn games...no its not like a normal tv set up for its pretty damn close
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2016, 02:42:13 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 09, 2016, 02:35:52 PM

we literally just discussed the fact that if you get EI you get mlb.tv for free

being able to listen or watch wherever is not a reason to not get EI because with EI you can still watch/listen where and whenever you want....the reasons to not get EI is if you don't care about being able to have the package on cable and have the ability to flip around with a normal handheld remote btwn programs/games and/or if you cant afford it or if you don't have cable

I like paying half the price.

SD

Bought a 65' inch Samsung about 3 years ago, TV turns on but it only has sound. You can see the picture flicker. At some point the TV will come on and it works fine. Did some research and this is very common with Samsungs. (my old man bought a new washer and dryer from samsung and they only lasted 2 years...Samsungs are pieces of shtein) .I did everything recommended (swapped cables etc.). With football season approaching I need a reliable tv. In the market for a 55-65 inch smart tv. Any recommendations? Not looking for anything ridiculous just something in the $500-$1000 range...definitely not a Samsung. I like the look of the curved TVs but not sure about their reliability.

Sidenote: bought a Sony Bravia XBR in 2006, it's still mounted in my bedroom and still has the best picture of an tv I've seen.

Rome

My Samsung is still working great.  It's only a couple years old.  The high-end Sony I saw in Best Buy recently was astoundingly beautiful.  Way too rich for my blood, though. 

Susquehanna Birder

Would it be impolite to point out that my 15 year old plasma is still going strong?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on September 04, 2018, 08:33:42 AM
Only if it's made by Samsung.

lol

I bought a 55 inch TCL 4K ultra HDR Roku off Amazon (free shipping with Prime) for $379. I'm downgrading size wise (65 to 55) but it's a cheap price and almost every review was positive.

Quote from: Rome on September 04, 2018, 08:00:22 AM
My Samsung is still working great.  ItÂ’s only a couple years old.  The high-end Sony I saw in Best Buy recently was astoundingly beautiful.  Way too rich for my blood, though. 

Give it a few years, do some research on Samsungs. What's happening with mine is an extremely common problem. Last time I pay decent money for a TV.

Rome

Geowhizzer

SD

New tv speakers are average so I bought a soundbar. Started out with a Vizio DTS which sounded great, but the speaker kept getting static so I returned it, replacement did the same thing. Bought a Wohome sound bar, it sounded ok but there was a humming noise which drove me crazy. I returned it and left them a bad review. They kept contacting me saying they'll send me a replacement which I ignored. Finally they send me an email saying they shipped a replacement, please try it out and update your review. I was pretty pissed because I don't feel like going through the hassle of returning another soundbar. I call amazon and they said the company sent me the soundbar on their own and I won't be charged. They'll sometimes ship you a replacement for free so you'll leave them a good review.

smeags

ive been looking at the 55in TCL, good picture ? got a 32 in for my lil last year that works perfectly.

my Samsung went but not because of crap manufacturing. somebody had a candle burning under it and fried it. no picture now. sound only.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it