Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Avoid watching Klitsckho/Haye if you get the chance. Awful fight and I'm not lying when I say David Haye flopped at least 20 times. This fight was so bad it was insulting. What made it worse was the sky cam they had floating ring side over the boxers so all you saw half the fight was them boxing (if you'd call it that) with this stupid cam over them.

Heavyweight division is farging DEAD

Hawk

Hayes talked all that shtein and fought like a bitch.  On top of it all he claims its because he has a broken toe.  farging loser.

SD

Quote from: Hawk on July 02, 2011, 06:36:15 PM
Hayes talked all that shtein and fought like a bitch.  On top of it all he claims its because he has a broken toe.  farging loser.

What a bitch. That fight was the biggest bitch fight I've ever seen. The flopping and looking at the ref was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. He would have gotten more respect if he was knocked out in the first round rather then prolonging the fight with his horrendus tactics. Merchant ripped him a new icehole and rightfully so.

MDS

i want to like boxing but can anyone tell me the last big fight that was actually worth it?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I really wanted to see it but glad I missed it now.  No wonder MMA and UFC are dominating. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Quote from: MDS on July 03, 2011, 01:05:32 AM
i want to like boxing but can anyone tell me the last big fight that was actually worth it?

Pascal/Hopkins or Ortiz/Berto, both recent

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on July 03, 2011, 02:50:46 PM
Quote from: MDS on July 03, 2011, 01:05:32 AM

Pascal/Hopkins or Ortiz/Berto, both recent

lol...way to completely miss the point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

MDS

what hype? ive heard of 1 of those guys, and hes 800 years old. and thats the point

the sport can be great but its just horrendous at this point. the one guy everyone wants to see (pac man) hasnt had an interesting fight in like 4 years. and thats not even on Hoyda ass mayweather, its on the sport for having 1 interesting fighter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

You've never heard of Pascal or Ortiz? or even Berto? I'm not as big a boxing fan as I used to be and coverage of fights has dropped over the years, but the super six tourney and some quality fights have been happening. The few big names are not fighting each other, except Hopkins fighting basically whoever wants some ("bad" Chad Dawson steps up next). The Ortiz/Mayweather fight has a shot to be good, if Ortiz can catch up to Mayweather.

MDS

tell your boys to stop putting fights on ppv and maybe ill know who these vatos are

phillymic2000

most of the good fights are not on ppv, or you can see them on line.

ice grillin you

barely anyone cares about boxing on tv...lol at thinking anyone is going to watch it on the internet
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

my boxing fan buddy tell me the same thing, like i gotta find some weirdo illegal japanase site and watch boxing among 300 pop up ads for boner pills

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 04, 2011, 08:55:21 PM
barely anyone cares about boxing on tv...lol at thinking anyone is going to watch it on the internet

Thats fine igy, I love boxing and watch it on tv or on line whenever I have a chance.